TdF Supersport Competition Winners- Discrepancy

TheSaint

Does anyone else notice anything unusual thus far about the winners in the TdF competition run by Supersport?

I surely do and can pick out at least 3 discrepencies that I am not happy with.

Besides the debate which is about to follow about these discrepencies perhaps someone could also shed some light on how Supersport arrives at these winners.

Winners Town

Jaco van der Merwe - Bloemfontein

Arno van den Berg - Germiston

Justin Zar - Melrose North

Bart Venter - Bellville

Jean-Pierre Fourie - Centurion

Anton Cronje - Strand

Okie Bresler - Centurion

Louwrens Cronje - Germiston

http://www.supersport.com/feature.aspx?id=337#026

Edited by CC307

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The first problem I see is that I am not on that list! :angry:

The names listed there dont represent a very demographic spread. In fact, they all seem to be quite Afrikaans.

The names listed there dont represent a very demographic spread. In fact, they all seem to be quite Afrikaans.

Quiet right with the assumption Splat.

I wonder how they justify that! Very little entries I suppose!

Going by the names, it seems that the winners are all caucasian males. No females winners and no winners of colour!

Suppose they are still to come.

Going by the names, it seems that the winners are all caucasian males. No females winners and no winners of colour!

bump

Guest agteros

Uhmm.... hearing you, and yes I agree, it does seem to be skewed. BUT... not knowing the numbers / demographics / etc of who entered it is very difficult, never mind to mention DANGEROUS to make assumptions....

Makes me think of 2 or 3 consecutive numbers being drawn in the LOTTO, unusual but not unheard of.

Also, anything in the rules of the competition about winners needing to be demographically representative? Because the lowest LSM groups are hugely under represented in the DSTV market.

</just saying>

ok. the protocol of The Hub (SA) is forcing my hand here to make some unrelated and slightly sarcastic remark viz: .....

.......???!!!!????

Oh man - you can't be serious?! Do RANDOM results of competitions on a tv service and a sport well known to be predominantly viewed and participated by mainly white males need to be "BEE" compliant? It goes without saying that the demographics of the individuals that represent most of the entries would be reflected in the results. Perhaps investigate how many Afrikaans males have been winners on "Super disci" competitions.

This nonsense is getting really old. In my opinion we as a country have too many "victims" and not enough heroes.

As Ali G would say - is it cos i's black?

Guest agteros

Another discrepancy.... the bottom 98% of IQs are not represented at MENSA AT ALL!!!.... That suck for most people! Is that right, or is it not?

Should we petition MENSA to allow DENSA members in? DENSA rules in a majority 49 to1! So why not?

Edited by agteros

Another discrepancy.... the bottom 98% of IQs are not represented at MENSA AT ALL!!!.... That suck for most people! Is that right, or is it not?

Should we petition MENSA to allow DENSA members in? DENSA rules in a majority 49 to1! So why not?

Whenever someone say MENSA, I always think:

http://www.celebs101.com/gallery/Asia_Carrera/220573/Asia_Carrera_Picture.jpg

and

http://lh6.ggpht.com/-N9l3bcFPwrw/R6r1i7FInbI/AAAAAAAAAEI/T_0O_z1UocY/asia-carrera-photo.jpg

Edited by TNT1

Guest agteros

Whenever someone say MENSA, I always think:

http://www.celebs101.com/gallery/Asia_Carrera/220573/Asia_Carrera_Picture.jpg

MUst say, that 'frokkie' is not very DENSe, so it must be a MENSa 'frokkie'?

Colleen De Oliveir - Durbanville - yesterdays winner.

At last a female winner. hurray hurray

The surname is still very Afrikaans though.

Now lets wait and see who the rest of the winners may be.

No competition has to be BEE compliant. Not a bad idea though.

Sadly yes, the sport type and the cost of the sport partly dictates the person able to partake in the sport, thus dictating who shows an interest in the sport, and who then enters the competition.

Have a look at the Supersport winners in all of the catergories, then you tell me what's wrong!

http://www.supersport.com/feature.aspx?id=337

The 'haves' will always be winners and the minority losers.

Edited by CC307

The fact remains, there are not many black and coloured okes that own nice racing bikes, have dstv and watch supercycling...