Saturday Bottelary taxi accident

eevans

Hi, Just to inform all that i was doing a 96km MTB route from Brackenfell to Durbanville silos and windgenerators on the way to Wellington and back on the Bottelary A taxi stopped in front of me and I went through the rear window.There was a lot of friendly cyclists as witnesses.ER24 very helpful. Bit unconscious and helicopter took me to Cape Gate hospital. I am fine now but my GT Marathon Pro frame is cracked in front and I need a replacement dual suspension frame. Is there anyone out there that has a nice frame for me?Not too expensive.I stopped the insurance 2 months ago.Please let me know 082-3923-007

Thanks

Eric Evans.

Good to hear you are OK man! :thumbup: :thumbup: Do a search for the thread about it - lots of hate for taxi drivers.

Glad to hear that you are ok and in such good spirits.

Your accident caused quite a lot of chatter here on the hub. I am sure you followed the thread!

Any comment?

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to hear that you are ok and in such good spirits.

Your accident caused quite a lot of chatter here on the hub. I am sure you followed the thread!

Any comment?

All I can say is that cyclists are all friendly and caring people. Thanks for the support.

Had to buy a new frame, shock and wheels and now have a good bike again. I am doing fine and finances a bit scary but okay.

Enjoy it out there.

Eric