Knysna Xterra

tunariaan

Anyone of you who did it?

The riding was fairly easy excepth for chain suck from 10km's and onwards

Next year im doing the big 5

Watched it, i thought you guys were mad, the climb after the ride was a killer (up the concrete strip) i saw guys literally craling up the hill.

Well done to anyone who rode and ran. :clap:

was a bit crazy, killed my legs, specially for the half on saturday, gotta do way more training for next year

I did my first Xterra in Knysna. I am hooked . It was a fantastic event.Bikes took a hammering with all the mud.As for the run up the hill Eish. :blink:

Other than a great event my wife finished her 2nd Knysna Exterra by winning the KTM mountain bike in the lucky draw. :clap: :clap: :clap: I think the big 5 will be a great option. Will have to learn to paddle though.

Guest agteros

I did my first Xterra in Knysna. I am hooked . It was a fantastic event.Bikes took a hammering with all the mud.As for the run up the hill Eish. :blink:

Other than a great event my wife finished her 2nd Knysna Exterra by winning the KTM mountain bike in the lucky draw. :clap: :clap: :clap: I think the big 5 will be a great option. Will have to learn to paddle though.

No reason to paddle for the big 5, but as good an excuse as any to learn to!

No reason to paddle for the big 5, but as good an excuse as any to learn to!

I do not like the road race( I do not feel safe on the N2),it is either that or the paddle, me thinks the paddle wins hands down.

Guest agteros

I do not like the road race( I do not feel safe on the N2),it is either that or the paddle, me thinks the paddle wins hands down.

thumbup1.gif

Anyone of you who did it?

The riding was fairly easy excepth for chain suck from 10km's and onwards

Next year im doing the big 5

It was geat fun! I did the big 5 and the xTerra was the highlight! Multisport over a week is great training and good fun as long as you manage your resources!

fter having so much problems with my bike i really wished they would draw my name, cant believe how many okes have left before the lucky draw

Hope your wife enjoy het KTM, my wife astually also uses and KTM

Baught a silverback frame and some new compaonent -will be up and racing this weekend again

Also did the big 5, thoroughly enjoyed all of them. The Xterra was great, I was reminded never to underestimate a shorter-distance event. It was tough and my MTB gave me cr@p from the word go, but still enjoyed it a lot.

Out of interest, I'd rate the Big 5 as follows, from what I enjoyed most to least:

1) Featherbed trail run

2) Xterra

3) Knysna half marathon

4) MTB marathon

5) Road race

Definitely back for more next year.

Also did the big 5, thoroughly enjoyed all of them. The Xterra was great, I was reminded never to underestimate a shorter-distance event. It was tough and my MTB gave me cr@p from the word go, but still enjoyed it a lot.Out of interest, I'd rate the Big 5 as follows, from what I enjoyed most to least:1) Featherbed trail run2) Xterra3) Knysna half marathon4) MTB marathon5) Road raceDefinitely back for more next year.

For me it was:

1. Xterra

2. Featherbed trail run

3. MTB marathon

4. Road race

5. Half marathon (the paved downhill and crowds are not my thing!)

I'll also be back next year!

fter having so much problems with my bike i really wished they would draw my name, cant believe how many okes have left before the lucky draw

Baught a silverback frame and some new compaonent -will be up and racing this weekend again

She was the 6th name out of the draw.She said from the start that she would win it. Power of positive thought. :clap: :clap:

I do not know the KTM bicycles. No one in PE stocks them.Does anyone have any input?

Also did the big 5, thoroughly enjoyed all of them. The Xterra was great, I was reminded never to underestimate a shorter-distance event. It was tough and my MTB gave me cr@p from the word go, but still enjoyed it a lot.

Out of interest, I'd rate the Big 5 as follows, from what I enjoyed most to least:

1) Featherbed trail run

2) Xterra

3) Knysna half marathon

4) MTB marathon

5) Road race

Definitely back for more next year.

How were the legs after the MTB and road for the trail?

my wife has got an ktm , she seems very happy, end of the day most modern day bikes are built well, it more what the rider can do with his machine-bike