Something's been bugging me.

TNT1

There was this big song and dance about Nic White retiring at last year's 94.7. And a choked up Phil even interviewed him and stuff. And since then it's been business as usual for him. Ok, on a different team, but there he was in TOSA, and Argus and so on.

So why the big announcement about him retiring?

Nic is now the manager of the Toyota Supercycling Academy and rides as manager/mentor to the younger riders.

He has officially retired.

Nic is now the manager of the Toyota Supercycling Academy and rides as manager/mentor to the younger riders.

He has officially retired.

how can he be retired but still he raced the tour of S.A, im sure he can mentor them from a team car. All he did was change teams

If Lance could do it why can he not do it?

Because LA has 20 years worth of drugs in his system he needs to get rid off otherwise he will never sleep again.

how can he be retired but still he raced the tour of S.A, im sure he can mentor them from a team car. All he did was change teams

Exactly why I asked.

Exactly why I asked.

It's semantics I suppose.

The plan is that he mentor from the saddle which I think is a much better way to mentor than yelling at them from the team car.

If you want to refer to him as a current pro then so be it.

Personally I consider him retired.

• 2 weeks later...

It's semantics I suppose.

The plan is that he mentor from the saddle which I think is a much better way to mentor than yelling at them from the team car.

If you want to refer to him as a current pro then so be it.

Personally I consider him retired.

Word ...

Not quite, not quite at all. He works with the development squad as well as Cycle Lab. So working a fulltime job, with some after hours time isn't quite the same as being a full time paid rider rider on a full professional team.

Personally I think the guy has shown some savvy with the change/s in his cycling career.