Adaptor for IS Caliper to fit PM fork - 160mm rotor

Cyclocross

Anyone had any luck fitting an IS (i.e.side mount )standard disk brake caliper (XTR BR-M965F) to a fork with Post Mounts? Disk size is 160mm. After swopping forks between bikes to get the longer travel on the FS, I have tried various options (Shimano & Brake Authority as well as shiny red version by KCNC) without success.

Is it possible to do this while retaining the 160mm disk, or could it be that the only way to do this is to upgrade to a 180/183/185mm disk for which suitable adaptors exist?

It seemed simpler in my head!

I guess what I'm asking is whether anyone knows whether item 32 in the attached shimano diagram can be sourced for a 160mm rotor, or whether I'm going to need to upgrade to 180ish size rotor for which suitable adaptors are available. (Chain has Hope version).

"Hope mount adaptor to mount a 51mm international standard caliper (i.e. Hope, Formula, etc) to a 74mm post mount fork (i.e. Manitou) with a 20mm increase in disc size".

It seemed simpler in my head!

I guess what I'm asking is whether anyone knows whether item 32 in the attached shimano diagram can be sourced for a 160mm rotor, or whether I'm going to need to upgrade to 180ish size rotor for which suitable adaptors are available. (Chain has Hope version).

"Hope mount adaptor to mount a 51mm international standard caliper (i.e. Hope, Formula, etc) to a 74mm post mount fork (i.e. Manitou) with a 20mm increase in disc size".

1 x Hope adapter image attached.

Shimano doc too big to upload, but available at: http://techdocs.shimano.com/media/techdocs/content/cycle/EV/bikecomponents/BR/EV-BR-M965-F-2148E_v1_m56577569830609096.pdf[/size]

post-7271-0-31046300-1310755693.jpg

Edited by Cyclocross

I have one of those right here :thumbup: - as I recall however it is not possible to keep the 160 rotor .... this one would increase the size by 20mm

It is available if you want to make me an offer :)

post-271-0-23813700-1310756622.jpg

I have one of those right here :thumbup: - as I recall however it is not possible to keep the 160 rotor .... this one would increase the size by 20mm

It is available if you want to make me an offer :)

post-271-0-23813700-1310756622.jpg

Thanks BB. Does your adaptor come with a complimentary 180mm rotor (6 bolt)?