Cleaner tour = more contenders?

Jaco-fiets

When last did you guys see such a big pelaton going over one of the highest climbs in the tour together. Is it safe to say that the riders are more equal because its the "cleanest tour" in a long time?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm always suspicious when a sprinter makes it over mountains. Mind you, I cannot trust anyone in the peleton: look how they welcome back all the cheats, Vino, Basso, even that rapscallion Ricco until his crimes became so obvious as to be embarassing. No, I don't believe these guys for one minute. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

I'm always suspicious when a sprinter makes it over mountains. Mind you, I cannot trust anyone in the peleton: look how they welcome back all the cheats, Vino, Basso, even that rapscallion Ricco until his crimes became so obvious as to be embarassing. No, I don't believe these guys for one minute. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

Agreed, TH changed into a powerhouse climber in 52 weeks? Sounds almost like that Kohl fellow that improved 15% as a time triallist year on year. Doubt m/any of them are clean...

Edited by bontie

Yeah, something stinks about this year's tour.

Well at least we moving in the right direction, they all need the same juice programme, then the best rider will win again, but heck, it would be exciting to see Cav and Thor sprint for the line on the alpe d'huez!

Imo Gilbert's performances this year is a bit suspect as well. Too dominant in the spring classics, hanging with the mountain goats on the big climbs...

:blink:

Imo Gilbert's performances this year is a bit suspect as well. Too dominant in the spring classics, hanging with the mountain goats on the big climbs...

True that...

Like I said something smells like a duck in this year's race.

Tch, Tch, Christie, the two P's keep telling us he just has great form :blink: .........how dare you suggest otherwise?. :D

Although one could argue that he was clean all along, and now that the others are juice free his talent has been allowed to shine through?

Just saying...

I agree. The avg speed is >40km/h for mountain stages. Hushovd and especially Gillbert look too good to be true. The saying goes:if it looks too good to be true , it is too good to be true.

I agree. The avg speed is >40km/h for mountain stages. Hushovd and especially Gillbert look too good to be true. The saying goes:if it looks too good to be true , it is too good to be true.

no.

The saying is, "if it's too good to be true, it usually is."

Gilbert is just one of those unusual cases.

Thor got away on a break away. He lost 2:30 minutes going up the mountain, just tapping it out. Then took some risks and pulled the TDJ guy in. So I think he saw the opportunity and took it. Garmin is one of the cleanest teams out there. So making baseless claims that they dope is bs.

But Thor is going to pay for his effort yesterday.

I personally agree with P&P that cycling is one of the cleanst sports, it is just that it gets well publicized when someone is caught doping. Cycling is the only sport that commits to the blood passport system and to WADA's regulation the every rider disclose his whereabouts at all times. No other sports body is committed to it. The average cyclist probably gets tested way more than any other athletic discipline.....

And yet some still try to beat the system :(