Centaur or Athena?

W1Z@RD

Which is better of between Athena and Centaur? I know the Athena is 11sp but other than that the price is the same. Need to choose and not sure which is a "higher" spec between the two. Cant afford chorus or record. Are they on par with the Ultegra or force?

I would go Athena. Who knows for how long Campag are going to be producing 10 speed groupsets, and at least you will have an upgrade path to Chorus/Record/Super Record.

They are both on par with each other, just one gear difference. Centaur is normally slightly cheaper.

They are pretty much in the same league as Ultegra. The version with the carbon crank is quite a bit lighter than Ultegra, the aluminium crank versions weigh in at a similar weight to Ultegra.

Good info Eugene, Thanks.

Decided on the Athena 11 sp Carbon :drool:

Cant wait to fit it to my new baby - Got her today

post-8598-0-61371100-1310847732.jpg

I think the Athena has a chorus cassette and chain so would go 11speed. the you only have odd things to upgrade later on.

Drop me a PM :) Will sort you out with a great price on the groupset for you :)

Still waiting for you to come back to me on my Bottechia frame <_< couldnt wait anymore so bought a Bianchi.

Still waiting for you to come back to me on my Bottechia frame <_< couldnt wait anymore so bought a Bianchi.

W1Z@RD I have nothing from you regarding a Bottecchia? :blink:

W1Z@RD I have nothing from you regarding a Bottecchia? :blink:

Oh ok, we were chatting about the 8Avio on hub via private message and just needed to decide on Colour....

No worries