Thule 2 bike carrier

awesme

Hi all

Sad, got my self a 2 bike carrier, just to discover it won't carry 2 bikes of the same make/model.

The bikes are carried at the same hight. and which ever way round they are they stick into each other.

Will be looking at getting a different carrier, and pass this one on.

G

which one do you have? I had the same issues... have to put the one bike as far forward on the rails as possible, and the same for the other bike. that and the outside one has to lean out a little bit more. but it works, not ideal though. the other brands are catching up to thule...

Yeah, do like Redline says and offset them a little, I found that alternating the direction the bikes face isn't as effective (Due to handlebars hitting saddles) as staggering them left and right when that all face the same way.

You may have to use some cloth/bubblewrap and elastics to protect the handlebars/brakes/stems from each other :)

Good luck!

Hi there

Thule 2 bike, as per link.

http://www.cyclelab.com/products/THULE%20XPRESS%202%20BIKE.aspx

At the moment i'm doing one to left and one to right, can't offset really since the with of the bars pretty much match the with of the horizontal stem,

Facing same direction the bars bump into each other.

Same bike=same lengths, everything is at the same place, even if they face different directions, the bars hit the vertical stem of the seat.

Best would actually be different heights. Same design, just make the arms go up from the vertical post, and then use different rubber saddles for front and back bike that further lifts the the one.

G

Yeah, do like Redline says and offset them a little, I found that alternating the direction the bikes face isn't as effective (Due to handlebars hitting saddles) as staggering them left and right when that all face the same way.

You may have to use some cloth/bubblewrap and elastics to protect the handlebars/brakes/stems from each other :)

Good luck!

i put them opposite directions and then drop the saddles as far as they would go. with a pool noodle between.

Hi there

was thinking of loosening the bars, but did not like the idea, but the dropping of the saddles, with the quick release might just be the think, thanks.

G

Ag no man, I'the happiest I've ever been, she is perfect. Neither of us are big, both ride 16 inch frames.

G

get a smaller gilfriend

I've got the same bike carrier and I also found using a pool noodle when I load two bikes helps quite a bit.

you can also instead of hanging the bikes from the top tube, try mounting them on the down and seat tubes.

Not to sure if anyone else would want one, but I was looking at getting a new "u"( where the bikes clamp on) rolled tube as per the Thule hangon version but with enough room for two bikes for myself as I have the same problem, as well as two friends of mine.

It would be powdercoated as well

Would anyone be interested in getting one? If Im going to do 3( myself and two mates), it may make the cost less if the order was for more.

Hi there

Do you have a picture of what your planning.

G

Not to sure if anyone else would want one, but I was looking at getting a new "u"( where the bikes clamp on) rolled tube as per the Thule hangon version but with enough room for two bikes for myself as I have the same problem, as well as two friends of mine.

It would be powdercoated as well

Would anyone be interested in getting one? If Im going to do 3( myself and two mates), it may make the cost less if the order was for more.

Hi there

Do you have a picture of what your planning.

G

Nothing yet, we have been only talking about it. Seems there are a few people with the same issue. Just went and looked at the thing again and all it needs is slightly longer tubes(possibly 100-125mm), The other way wont work. Either way I'm getting something made up that enable me to carry two bikes comfortably without to much hassle. I'll keep you posted.