Rolf Prima Wheel Systems Back in South Africa

high5 sports

High5 Sports are importing and distributing Rolf Prima Wheels in South Africa. Rolf Prima are coming back... Hand built wheels from Oregon, USA using paired spoke technology creating light weight wheels. Go to http://www.rolfprima.com/ for more information.

These were very good wheels and pretty light for alu wheels,even by todays standards.

Any idea on pricing and what wheels will be in the SA range?

AFAIK only road

He builds great wheels, I had the Rolf Prima Vigor wheels when they first came out

AFAIK only road

He builds great wheels, I had the Rolf Prima Vigor wheels when they first came out

Road and cyclo cross.

I had a set of Vector Pro wheels.

Road and cyclo cross.

I had a set of Vector Pro wheels.

But they are not Rolf Prima, they are Rolf Wheels licenced to Trek

I also had a pair, and a pair of Vector Comps

But they are not Rolf Prima, they are Rolf Wheels licenced to Trek

I also had a pair, and a pair of Vector Comps

Read the history now and i just thought these were still part of the Trek family.

Read the history now and i just thought these were still part of the Trek family.

These wheels use to be made in colaboration with TREK up to about 2003.(Then called Rolf Vector) They are now independant and trade as Rolf Prima. From 2012 they will also be producing 26" & 29" Mountain Bike wheels.

Also soon available in SA is their Tandem wheels / Time trial wheels.

These were very good wheels and pretty light for alu wheels,even by todays standards.

Any idea on pricing and what wheels will be in the SA range?

Most of the Carbon Range will be in South Africa, namely TdF range post-26416-0-71648300-1310985179.jpg , 58RSC's post-26416-0-01284000-1310985053.jpg. The Alloy Clinchers will be here namely the Vigor range.post-26416-0-16683500-1310985975.jpg. However, the launch of the TANDEM Wheel range in the country is going to change the way tandems are raced. post-26416-0-18695400-1310985314.jpg These wheels are going to be the only tandem wheels that are lightweight and robust especially designed with tandem bicycles in mind.

The launch of the wheels will be done during August, along with the prices.

The TdF38SL are super light, only 1105g and all carbon wheels come with Ti skews and wheel bags.

The tandem wheels are probably the the best on the market.

All wheels carry a 2 year warranty

I have a set of the Alu Prima Vigors.

Bad news - the nipples started pulling through the rim after about 3,000km (I only used them for racing so they were out of warranty on time).

Good news - Rolf in the US replaced my rim. I sent them the hub and they rebuilt the wheel and sent it back to me - even gave me a good price because I was in an unsupported country. It was about R850 with rebuilding, spokes, rim and transport.

I love the wheels - they seem to be a little fragile but I guess thats you expect from lightweight wheels that don't cost an arm and a leg. The low and bladed spoke count also makes them as aero as they are light - the do anything wheel!

Even with the problems I would invest in another pair.

Edited by Eldron

I have a set of the Alu Prima Vigors.

Bad news - the nipples started pulling through the rim after about 3,000km (I only used them for racing so they were out of warranty on time).

Good news - Rolf in the US replaced my rim. I sent them the hub and they rebuilt the wheel and sent it back to me - even gave me a good price because I was in an unsupported country. It was about R850 with rebuilding, spokes, rim and transport.

I love the wheels - they seem to be a little fragile but I guess thats you expect from lightweight wheels that don't cost an arm and a leg. The low and bladed spoke count also makes them as aero as they are light - the do anything wheel!

Even with the problems I would invest in another pair.

Good to hear!! how old are your wheels? When did you purchase them?