5hr Base Training MTB route in Gauteng?

Roons

Northern Farm is also a great place...

Past diepsloot / fourways

he'd have to do laps for a 5hr training......torture

plus it ain't the most entertaining place...

There is apparantly a new mtb park which opened in Magalies...haven't seen the routes as yet..will post more info a little later as I dont have the flyer with me at the moment.

But ja...most people use Breedsnek for their epic training

Did you manage to find anything??

I'll PM you my details. You're more than welcome to join us. I suppose the only negatives are that we leave fairly early on Sat morning' date=' usually 5am.
Average pace is usually about 25km/h. [/quote']

Odion - this road or MTB?

[Edit] I see from an earlier post it's MTB Embarrassed

Please have a look at your PM
davetapson2007-12-05 07:44:39

On 27th of December every year JMBC does their annual Dam2dam (Emmerentia to Harties 100kms). That should be quite a good 6 to 7 hour base training ride.

From Hendrik Potgieter (heading North), cross over R28 and continue on this road until T-Junction @ R563; turn right towards Hekpoort.  Keep right at the Ventersdorp split and continue for +-20kms.  Next T-Junction turn left towards Magaliesburg +-1km park at Engen garage on the RHS.

From the garage turn right and ride for +-1km until you see the Bultfontein sign, turn right onto the dirt (on RHS there is a general dealer called 'the bird store') - stay on the main road the entire way, make sure the mountain range is on your RHS and you should be fine!Big%20smile  The serious climb (Breedts Nek) is about 25km's into the ride.

If you don't want to venture into this unknown territory on your own, I ride there all the time..... but NOT at 25km/h... a bit slower Wink

Will be spending many a December day there training, let me know if u keen

Topic: 5hr Base Training MTB route in Gauteng?
Posted: 07 Dec 2007 at 3:39pm By Nancy Drew

From Hendrik Potgieter (heading North), cross over R28 and continue on this road until T-Junction @ R563; turn right towards Hekpoort.  Keep right at the Ventersdorp split and continue for +-20kms.  Next T-Junction turn left towards Magaliesburg +-1km park at Engen garage on the RHS.

From the garage turn right and ride for +-1km until you see the Bultfontein sign, turn right onto the dirt (on RHS there is a general dealer called 'the bird store') - stay on the main road the entire way, make sure the mountain range is on your RHS and you should be fine!Big%20smile  The serious climb (Breedts Nek) is about 25km's into the ride.

If you don't want to venture into this unknown territory on your own, I ride there all the time..... but NOT at 25km/h... a bit slower Wink

Will be spending many a December day there training, let me know if u keen

Will be heading off to Sabie tomorrow back on the 7th Jan. Would love to join up after then for some training rides for Sani.

Happy riding in December - this area should be nice and quiet!

Cheers

Roons

I'm soooo envious.  I couldn't make Sabie this year but am busy training for Sani, so January will also be a big training month.  Let me know if you want to hook up when you get back.

Enjoy Sabie!! I believe this year is a completely new experience with brand new routes.  Day two has apparently become stage one Ouch!!

Have you done Sabie before?

Nay, park at NF, nip through the farm and then exit the perimeter on the other side. Can do hours of riding out towards Hennops and Hartys, all offroad. Thumbs%20Up

Nay' date=' park at NF, nip through the farm and then exit the perimeter on the other side. Can do hours of riding out towards Hennops and Hartys, all offroad. Thumbs%20Up
[/quote']

Explains why some of your laps took so long LOL