Forerunner 310xt firmware update

ADe

Has anyone done the firmware update from 3.2 to 3.7 on the forerunner 310xt and is it worth the effort?

I usually like to wait that all glitches have been sorted on new software before updating.

Updated to 3.7 a few weeks ago, yes it's worth the effort, some good features added, like being able to view your current activity in the history, etc. The only drawback is the update resets the unit to factory defaults.

Ive thought about doing it but Im so afraid theres an interubtion during the update then the unit is nowhere.. literally, gues takes it back to Garmin.

How long did it take?

No, it is not worth the effort!!

There are numerous problems and Garmin have stuffed up with this firmware release by not testing it properly. Unfortunately though, once you upgrade, you cannot downgrade to a previous release.

Have a look at all the problems on the Garmin Forums https://forums.garmin.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31

Garmin have stuffed up with this firmware release by not testing it properly. Unfortunately though, once you upgrade, you cannot downgrade to a previous release.

Just like they do every time! I DO NOT upgrade anything within the 1st month of release from Garmin, let the other guys find the bugs first :lol:

Not familiar with the 310 units but on the 500/800 & 305/705 units you can roll back to previous versions

I did the upgrade and only problem that I had was losing my history, but my backups took care of that problem.

I did the upgrade and only problem that I had was losing my history, but my backups took care of that problem.

You should have noticed that your Total Ascent figures are way off.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I did the update and now the measurements are all over the place :thumbdown:

Struggles to pick up a sat signal and keeps resetting the time.

Going to have to google a solution... :huh: