Walkerville Results

Dazz

Not only was there no power at yesterdays Walkerville, but they never had any water either??? And when it came to prize giving, they couldn't retrieve the results cos of a corrupt file. Does this meant we won't get any results at all? :thumbdown: <_<

Is that not what those handheld scanners are for, if someone's board doesn't register or if a file gets corrupted?

The power was not off the entire time. The music started playing at 7H30 and there was a generator at the start singing along. Nothing like a few litres of fuel to keep that machine running.

With regards to the corrupt results files: I cannot comment, but by 9h30 they were still busy putting line entrants' details on their system. Probably still busy...

@marcfr - I sure hope so. Don't want to spend that much money without any results.

Edited by Dazz

The power was not off the entire time. The music started playing at 7H30 and there was a generator at the start singing along. Nothing like a few litres of fuel to keep that machine running.

With regards to the corrupt results files: I cannot comment, but by 9h30 they were still busy putting line entrants' details on their system. Probably still busy...

I'm sure they are still busy capturing. And don't get me talking about the crappy music. LoL

Whatever you do, DON'T google blue waffle for the results.

Ok I won't, but you have to tell me WHY? <_<

Is there a result in dispute or some other reason for wanting the results so urgently :rolleyes: - #justwondering

No dispute, just know that it affects my SAS rating and my club has a race result review for members.

According to the announcer at the race, the results should have been available on the Spectrum Sports website from last night? :thumbdown:

Is there a result in dispute or some other reason for wanting the results so urgently :rolleyes: - #justwondering

I raced in the masters' category and our results were not announcounced. For me it would be nice get the results to see if I earned my entry fee back. Futher I would like to see who's butt I kicked. Especially the grey haired deamon kept on passing me, that is, until we got to the last climb when I put everything that I did not have into my final 2km sprint and pulled away from him. Eventually finshed, totally knackered, in 2:55. Accoding to me that is. With the file corruption I may even end in the 1 hour something.

I raced in the masters' category and our results were not announcounced. For me it would be nice get the results to see if I earned my entry fee back. Futher I would like to see who's butt I kicked. Especially the grey haired deamon kept on passing me, that is, until we got to the last climb when I put everything that I did not have into my final 2km sprint and pulled away from him. Eventually finshed, totally knackered, in 2:55. Accoding to me that is. With the file corruption I may even end in the 1 hour something.

Well done, you def kicked my butt by some 5 min, and I only got a few grey hairs. LoL

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Hello,

I was the comm at the race.

The data that SS recieved from SAS was corrupt and the results would not pull through. Because of this i would not sign off on the results. The only results that we could confirm was the overal and senior men & sub vets.( if you know anyone called Andre that raced he was the problem)

From what i can understand it had to do with about 140ish online entries that had no data which then screwed up the results due to the seeding that had happened.

It did not have anything to do with spectrum or the organizers of the event.

What i would like is feedback on the marking as there was different veiws??

Rgds

Terence

are you saying there will be no results from sunday for the seeding system?

I was placed in the D group because of no previous races. Had to battle all the way through the course trying to find places to pass slower riders. eventually ended the race between a whole lot of A seeded riders.

Will this not count towards my seeding for the next race?

I just got off the rollers for a ‘thank you body’ 1 hour easy ride. It is remarkable how easy 60 minutes easy ride on the rollers are compared to yesterdays all out race.

While we have time for the results to come through I thought we may as well share some ‘war stories’ to pass the time.

Just before the section (if my recollection is correct) where the 60 and 40 km races joined I found myself going down a steep downhill, rocky, section. I noticed that al the guys were keeping to right either walking down or going very slow. The left hand was open and I thought it was apt to steer my bike there. As I got closer I noticed that I was going too fast and, as I always do, pulled the rear brake to lock the wheel. This helps me with steering and also slows the bike down.

In this case there was no slowing down and I just kept on and off the brake knowing full well that I was too fast. The next moment I saw while everybody was going to the right. There was a big rock right in front with an about 40 cm drop on the far side. In a flash I knew the only way to handle this was to ramp the rock. So, off the brakes and jump. In the air I picked up even more speed as the drop-off on the far side of the rock still continued. I landed and managed to keep the bike upright.

In these 2 seconds of the race I managed to pass, probably, 10 riders. As I cycled on the only thought I had was: “That was close.” It has been said that a true champ can do it again. I, however, am not sure whether I want to enter the race again. If I get to that section I will probably also choose the right hand lane – thinking back of the time when I ramped the left hand rock. If I choose to go the ramp route I am not sure whether I will ever be able to pull of such a stunt again. Maybe it was just my 2 secs of glory – never to be repeated.

Oh, a final contemplation: Where are the TV cameras when you really need them?

Edited by "V"