Conti X-King RaceSport Tubeless Ready and EvansCycles: The Bad and The Good!

RyanV

Couldn't wait to get my hands on the Conti X-King Racesport 2.2's. These tyres are claimed to be tubeless ready and at 480g, I just had to get me some.

4 tyres, two different wheelsets and two weeks later I still couldn't get the tyres to hold air (3 and then 4 cups of Stans per tyre). Put the tyres in a bath and guess what...these things leak air like a sieve through their sidewalls and carcass. So a big thumbs down to Conti and their tubeless ready claim. Real pity as these could be a great tyre if they sort things out! :thumbdown:

Big up to Evans Cycles for replacing the tyres with the UST versions...back to the tried and tested stead! Took a while to get a response from them, but no quarrels regarding replacements. :thumbup:

Did you scrub the inside of the tyres with Meths likes they show on there website. Worked perfect for us.

I also have two sets but haven't tried them as I'm concerned about their durability. Any issues yet WP?

I am using the Protection 2.2 and i have had no problems with sealing.I cleaned my rim and tyre,lubed with some dish washing liquid,added sealant and inflated.

Been running them for about 3 months now and i cant see anymore wear compared to my Mountain Kings that are same age.

I do have to pump them one a week as they do lose a little air but not much.