High Sweeps and Bar Ends

DuncanCT

Is it "acceptable" to have bar ends on flat handle bars with high degree of sweep?

Are there any benefits of getting risers bars for the sweep if you can buy flat bars with the same sweep?

Edited by DuncanCT

Is it "acceptable" to have bar ends on flat handle bars with high degree of sweep?

Are there any benefits of getting risers bars for the sweep if you can buy flat bars with the same sweep?

Next thing somebody will ask what aftershave, deoderant and toothpaste you must use. Nobody can prescribe to you waht you are happy with. Hell even wear knee high white socks if it appeals to you!

Ok, so "acceptable" was a bit tongue-in-cheek, but seriously what is the difference between riser bars and flat bars with a high sweep?

You can change the hight with the stem and spaces, why do you need a third variable?

what is the difference between riser bars and flat bars with a high sweep?

You can change the hight with the stem and spaces, why do you need a third variable?

Dunno. I rode my dad's bike with flat bar, and it felt crap compared to mine with riser bar. But I do think his bar was not as wide as mine, which might be why?

1. Is it "acceptable" to have bar ends on flat handle bars with high degree of sweep?

2. Are there any benefits of getting risers bars for the sweep if you can buy flat bars with the same sweep?

1. Why not if it works..... BTW Acceptable to who?

2. Dunno, only rode with flat bars that had hardly any sweep.

BUT I would say that if you are happy with a flat bar but want the same sweep as a riser then.... uhhhm.... get the flat bar with the same sweep.

if you want bar ends.... put them on, otherwise dont.

Life is simple when you do what you want and not what others want....

1. Why not if it works..... BTW Acceptable to who?

2. Dunno, only rode with flat bars that had hardly any sweep.

BUT I would say that if you are happy with a flat bar but want the same sweep as a riser then.... uhhhm.... get the flat bar with the same sweep.

if you want bar ends.... put them on, otherwise dont.

Life is simple when you do what you want and not what others want....

Du, der Schweiz wissen ja nicht besser oder :angry:

Du, der Schweiz wissen ja nicht besser oder :angry:

Engleesh Translation:

Him, the swiss who knows everything better, I'm so jealous.

Next thing somebody will ask what aftershave, deoderant and toothpaste you must use. Nobody can prescribe to you waht you are happy with. Hell even wear knee high white socks if it appeals to you!

Used Axe while riding my mtb 26er, but changed to Speed Stick after getting my 29er.... works better!:lol:

Used Axe while riding my mtb 26er, but changed to Ladies Speed Stick after getting my 29er.... works better!:lol:

Fixed

Another hubber short of cash to upgrade!

HaHa. My comment was tongue in the cheek, just FYI I have owned two 29ers and rode them long before they were cool(since 2006)

But when I bought myself an Intense 5.5 with 150mm of travel I realised what I was missing and my two 29ers and road bike started to gather dust, which led me to the decision to sell them.

It is not acceptable to put bar ends onto riser bars. It's also not acceptable to wear lycra, unless you are a girl.

Riser bars differ from flat bars in the angles. Flat bars are for riders who need an excuse for being technically poor riders.

And yes, 29ers are clunky, sluggish road bikes with fat tyres. You will never see one outperform a 26 inch when it comes to technical ability.