Bike Insurance

awesme

pick up the phone....and phone....Miway,Cyclesure,Outsurance etc.

Easy.

Do you know If they offer a worldwide insurance?

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you know If they offer a worldwide insurance?

Not sure, have a chat to the guys (would like to know too)

I claimed for a brand new MTB Last week, and within 2Hours my claim was approved. and Money Paid into my Bank Account 48h later. :clap:  :thumbup:

Now Hopefully i can pick up my new Superfly tomorrow....

I claimed for a brand new MTB Last week, and within 2Hours my claim was approved. and Money Paid into my Bank Account 48h later. :clap: :thumbup:

Now Hopefully i can pick up my new Superfly tomorrow....

what insurance do you use?

I am currently battling with getting a claim paid for my cracked frame.

The insurers are Western National, they are making excuses and seeking reasons to not pay, I put in the claim almost a month ago. This thing is really getting to irritate the life out of me.

So if I can pee in the puddle:

STAY AWAY FROM WESTERN NATIONAL.

O' I did nothing weird with the bike, I rode it and after cleaning it noticed that the frame was cracked where the top tube and seat stay meet. It is an 3 year old aluminium Merida, unfortunately I bought the bike second hand, the first owner basically never used it.

I use Indiwe insurance bike specified under household goods.

Claimed for a cracked carbon frame after a crash.

Got paid out after about a week no hassles. Premium went up so i shopped around but decided that its better to stick with what you know works...

How do you get to insured amount , I.e.:  Current market value , replacement ? 

I bought my epic second hand and Paid a good price and not sure I could replace it if it came to that. So really is something I should insure 

As MTB seems a contact sport , are you covered for fall etc ?

How do you get to insured amount , I.e.:  Current market value , replacement ? 

I bought my epic second hand and Paid a good price and not sure I could replace it if it came to that. So really is something I should insure 

As MTB seems a contact sport , are you covered for fall etc ?

Same here- bought a second hand epic, replaced many parts and now its worth much more in quality than insurance value. Mine is insured for a silly R10 000 (im a student =\ ) and paying R70 per month- which seems like a rip off now. As far as I know, mine is just covered for theft.

edit: Insurer is Santam

Edited by Dirkitech

Guys can you please suggest me an insurance in Cape Town? 

- It has to be only for the bike

- Monthly,I only need it for 2 months 

I called a few and they told me that I couldn't insure the bike alone,the only one who could do it asked me R2100 for 2 months.

Im insured via Santam. Already paid out on one bike - no problems. Payout was around 20 K.

The insured bike was purchased 2nd hand i also added lots of gadgets and upgrades to it at the time. I simple got my bike evaluated by a bike shop which gave me a written quotation on what it would cost to replace the bike and its parts as it stood there.

So the quote was itemised with the replacement bike and then all the add-ons added below.

Took photos of the bike, serial and parts and submitted it all to Santam to be insured.

When the theft happened they took this quote and paid out exactly what was on the replacement quote - no problems. Money was in the bank within 5 work days.

New bike of R25 000 is insured via them as well. R77.72 pm and that is comprehensive insurance. If i fart and the seat cracks it will be covered.

Edited by JoeZipp

I am currently battling with getting a claim paid for my cracked frame.

The insurers are Western National, they are making excuses and seeking reasons to not pay, I put in the claim almost a month ago. This thing is really getting to irritate the life out of me.

So if I can pee in the puddle:

STAY AWAY FROM WESTERN NATIONAL.

O' I did nothing weird with the bike, I rode it and after cleaning it noticed that the frame was cracked where the top tube and seat stay meet. It is an 3 year old aluminium Merida, unfortunately I bought the bike second hand, the first owner basically never used it.

Strange they settled a claim by me to replace a cracked cosmic carbone rim within a couple of days :thumbup: