Fondriest TF3

mtbDobby

HI All,

I am considering get this machine - it looks pretty good and the reviews seem pretty good - does anyone have 1st hand experience on this. Is 12.7k a good buy for the frameset (including seat post) what else should I consider in this price range. I did see an add in the states for the 2011 frame set at $850 - thanks in advance

Give Chris Willemse Cycles a PM or a call. They are the agents in SA.

Had a Domino Plus, a fantastic bike.

thats exactly what I have done - now just trying to get an idea from people who actually ride the bike

Ask MTB Roadie, his got one, or just wait till he loggs in, he will give you a review once he spots this thread. He is mad about his bike! Good looking steed!

Andre you just know me way to well....my opinions on this frame....I LOVE IT!!! The best buy I ever done, the response on handling and climbs, even attacks feel amazing as the frame is very stiff! It is also very light, comes with a awesome carbon seat post. Remember ordering from the states will always be cheaper, but when you buy local you will at least have no issues with warranty as CWC will sort you out. it also comes with a integrated rear brake cable. And for the 12.7k price...you get a awesome looking frame, and very light also, think it weighs just over 7kg's as it is standing there, and that is with a Shimano 105 groupset.

There is a pic to show how it looks :)

I went for a bike setup thus the difference on how the stem is, etc.

post-14028-0-96696400-1311058205.jpg

Edited by MTB_Roadie

ok - decision made - will buy it tomorrow....what wheelset is in the picture and what is the cost?

Its the Agogo Full Carbon clinchers, they weigh in with the titanium skewers around 1440g and is amazingly fast...the price is around R9500, I got it for a better price as through a contact, its awesome wheels. My dad is using it though at the moment as I prefer my alum wheels for training.

You wont be sorry buying that frame. What size are you btw? I have a medium, top tube is 55.7cm which is perfect according to the ErgoMax bike setup system. I am 1.81cm tall :)

• 2 weeks later...

its definitly a bit more nippy and more comfortable than my other ride.

From a weight perspective I have not gained much as the other frame was pretty light for its time and I have just moved over the components - the previous bike was 8.4 and Im now currently 8.3 - but the ride is better.

Nice bike but that handlebar tape needs to go. Very disappointed in CWC for letting it go out like that. Should be plain black, always.