082 7807516

Email:

ndicey@gmail.com

Venue:

Laerskool Wolseley

Address:

Google Map

South Africa

The Kluitjieskraal MTB route, as used in the Cape Epic 2010 & 2011, in between Worcester and Ceres, is renowned for its spectacular scenery and challenging uphills – some of which climb to 400m above sea level, followed by rocky, technical descents on narrow jeep tracks/single-track. It takes the rider into unknown forest and mountain territory. It is a water-rich route, which passes through the MTO forestry reserve and traverses the Waterval Mountains twice. Be prepared for some water crossings – you could get your feet wet! The 64 km route is challenging and includes steep climbs and sharp ascents and single-track. The 44 km is “pretty” but tough, while the 17 km is a family-friendly ride, with a steep hill at the beginning. The new 5km is a kiddies fun ride through the farms adjacent to the school grounds. The 17 km & 5 km races are untimed are therefore no CSA day license is applicable for these routes.

DISTANCES /STARTING TIMES 64 km @ 08h30; 44 km @ 09h00; 17 km @ 09h30; 5 km @ 10h00

PRIZE GIVING & LUCKY DRAW 13h00

CUT-OFF FOR TIMING MATS 13h30

ROUTE CUT OFF 14h00

PRE-ENTRIES CLOSE 21 July 2011

Click here to enter online now!

DIRECTIONS TO VENUE

Take the N1 from Cape Town. Before reaching Worcester, turn left on the R43, direction Ceres. Turn right at the T-junction at Bergsig Wine Cellar (R43) and then left again to Wolseley (R43). After the 4-way stop in Wolseley turn 2nd right into Mill Street and follow the signs to the venue. Wolseley is approximately 120 km from Cape Town. GPS Coordinates: S: 33º 24’ 34”, E: 19º 12’ 3”

Edited by berry

How much climbing has teh 64km route got and is it possible to post a profile

I was told it has about 1400 m, so dont quote me. Did the 44km last year not very technical but tough. Doing the 64km this time so you might see a shattered man at the end.:)

I was told it has about 1400 m, so dont quote me. Did the 44km last year not very technical but tough. Doing the 64km this time so you might see a shattered man at the end.:)

P

What do you mean with but tough?? I am planning to do the 44km ..... do I need to worry? :unsure:

P

What do you mean with but tough?? I am planning to do the 44km ..... do I need to worry? :unsure:

It depends on your fitness I guess. (I'm a lot fitter this year) Also I had played a tough game of squash on the Thurday so I was probably not at my best. Problem comes you think you have done all the climbing and are on your way to the end and then the rolling wheat fields hit you. So watch out for that.

Edited by Ceres

It depends on your fitness I guess. (I'm a lot fitter this year) Also I had played a tough game of squash on the Thurday so I was probably not at my best. Problem comes you think you have done all the climbing and are on your way to the end and then the rolling wheat fields hit you. So watch out for that.

Will keep that in mind and leave some in the tank. Thank you :D

Wolseley route profiles and maps also available on wolseleymtb.co.za

Weather looking good for Sat am!

Edited by myd

Wolseley route profiles and maps also available on wolseleymtb.co.za

Weather looking good for Sat am!

Isnt that last years routes?

So how was everyones ride? Except for the wind I had a good one. Here is my Gamin elevation profile for anyone who wants it for next year.

post-13140-0-02434500-1311443502.png

I was loving it till the 48km mark when my legs started growing tennis balls in my muscles and they started moving from my quads to my thighs so i could ride , couldnt walk or stand i could only wriggle around like a worm on a hook. I think it took me an hour to do the last 10km :o

Good race, love the technical sections, but the wind was 'n bitch. A good 64km in the saddle.

So how was everyones ride? Except for the wind I had a good one. Here is my Gamin elevation profile for anyone who wants it for next year.

Do you know what the total ascent was?

Do you know what the total ascent was?

Yes the total Ascent was 1280m. Lucky they graded the road on the last climb, last year it was very loose.