TOKAI: DH Build day - Day 2

(Deon)

Day 2 :D

Ahoy, we have a confirmed date to complete the new DH divert.

Sunday 24th July - 8:30 at the gate.

Need to bring:

Pick!! if you have.

Spade

Water

Snack

Sense of humour

!

Post if you are keen!

Jimmy, we'll fill the hole just for you.

Edited by Pain or Shine

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Omega Man

K sweet. I'm in but for a little while. I've been in France. (I've kept this really quiet.) And I'm in Nigeria at the mo. so need to put a few hours in with the wife.

You gonna fill my hole? Maybe i should stay in bed!

Why, is it more convenient in your bed? Just as well I have no idea what you are talking about!

Omega, you were in from the start, see you there, for whatever length of time you can manage!

Guest Omega Man

Omega, you were in from the start, see you there, for whatever length of time you can manage!

Sweet.

+1.

anyone to share in my addiction again? just please dont point out any wellshaped women.. i'm so over that! :P

any plans yet for rest of track, or changes that need to be made for the track we worked on?

Myles idea of dropping onto the old track is rad. I'd like some tooth-popping braking bumps. Please. ;)

Edited by Capricorn

Cap, are you sniffing your socks? That track has to be finished on sunday.. Need to move onto the next job!

Will look at the drop in idea, Where about?

--- edit that last post, I see the confusion.. I'll rename the thread title.. just checking!

:P

Instead of the super tight switchbacks. Have one major bermed switch, then drop into the "old" DH track in a way like the old Vasbyt used to be... log-drop mid-corner straight into a berm.

Idea?

The clearing will take 30 mins (max) and all that needs to be done is on the bottom end of the track anyway.

Would make it far more interesting than the existing tight-as-a-nun-on-lent style switchers

Instead of the super tight switchbacks. Have one major bermed switch, then drop into the "old" DH track in a way like the old Vasbyt used to be... log-drop mid-corner straight into a berm.

Idea?

The clearing will take 30 mins (max) and all that needs to be done is on the bottom end of the track anyway.

Would make it far more interesting than the existing tight-as-a-nun-on-lent style switchers

Where about? Can see it happening higher on the trail, more slope.

There will be several ideas floating round on Sunday. Whatever happens, we can't lose sight of the original planning presented and approved, but course features.. bring em on!

Best idea for each area, with consensus, wins.

Where about? Can see it happening higher on the trail, more slope.

There will be several ideas floating round on Sunday. Whatever happens, we can't lose sight of the original planning presented and approved, but course features.. bring em on!

Best idea for each area, with consensus, wins.

Bottom side, at the place where old meets new. Would like to see an off-camber or bermed drop into the existing exit onto the fire road.

Cap - that pretty much what we were saying, right?

Bottom side, at the place where old meets new. Would like to see an off-camber or bermed drop into the existing exit onto the fire road.

Cap - that pretty much what we were saying, right?

Agree, I'm not too excited about the exit either. What's the height difference between the new and the old? Do we build it up

bang on Myles. also, somewhere along those switchbacks, just before a decent corner, some of those tooth-mashing brakingbumps I mentioned. And i mean meanmofo braking bumps.

Agree, I'm not too excited about the exit either. What's the height difference between the new and the old? Do we build it up

yep, will probably have to build it up abit cos the new track currently rolls into the old one. maybe run it paralle for a bit till the old track falls away abit and then drop into it?

or, a lip to kick us onto the old track just as it rolls onto the fire road. It's a natural landing anyway.

+1.

anyone to share in my addiction again? just please dont point out any wellshaped women.. i'm so over that! :P

..some tooth-popping braking bumps. Please. ;)

Bumps? You are asking for it?

may, er.. hem is gonna catch on at some point..

HAHA! Sly bugger! Monster for me, bumps for the Cap!