Seperate MTB and Road PPA Seeding

flymango

Received a few minutes ago from the PPA:

"... This year, for the first time, PPA is issuing MTB-specific seeded numbers, which will differ from your road funride number and road seeding. We are busy finalising a FAQ in this regard and will upload it to the website tomorrow. The first seeding run of the new membership year is envisaged to take place in the first week of August -get your friends to renew their subs soonest so that they can be included in that seeding run. Your 2010-2011 funride number remains active until the first seeding run has taken place. ..."

Edited by flymango

How will they do this? Will they just send everybody that did a MTB race a MTB seeded nr or do you need to request one?

How will they do this? Will they just send everybody that did a MTB race a MTB seeded nr or do you need to request one?

" ... We (PPA) are busy finalising a FAQ in this regard and will upload it to the website tomorrow (today)...."

Am I being dof? Why don't they just use our SAS numbers?

Probably I'm being dof, but do all weekend warriors have SAS numbers? :blink:

very good idea, its to easy to get a good seeding for road races by doing short mtb races

Am I being dof? Why don't they just use our SAS numbers?

Ditto, my CSA lic number and SAS lic number are the same.

Just one more way for PPA to F^#* up the seeding and make more money when you now have to pay R80 (or whatever they charge) for upgrading your mtb number.

We need a national seeding system!!

Just one more way for PPA to F^#* up the seeding and make more money when you now have to pay R80 (or whatever they charge) for upgrading your mtb number.

We need a national seeding system!!

Hey Tankman, that's exactly what SASeeding is, if you have ever done a saseeding race and paid for a number then that number is yours for life

Can you use that number at any event? Will your number be seeded correctly? Does all event organisers subscribe to this system.

If no, then the idea might be there but not quite yet what I mean.

Ja it is mtb only and for now only certain events country wide (mtn series for example) ultimately all rides should be saseeded events but I doubt that will ever happen, there are just too many different organisations