TdF Stage 17: Gap to Pinerolo

'Dale

The pressure rises even more as Paris draws closer.

The race now moves deeper and higher into the majestic Alps.

I'll be on a plane from Table Mountain to Nelspruit tomorrow during this epic stage 17, missing lots of action and drama. :cursing:

Sunny forecasted.

Some chill at high altitude days after a snow storm where several touring riders had to be rescued from this route.

The Tour de France was spared by the weather gods!

---

Evans to drive forward his advantage.

The Schleck boeties to really prepare for the onslaught of Spaniard 'Berto.

And the rest, sadly including Basso, will further their fight for a step on the podium.

The sprinters will do their grupette thang.

And Rojas will, hopefully, kick some more Cav bum in the Green Jersey points. It is cool though that both are on my Frosty team!

Vive le Tour!

http://cdn.media.cyclingnews.com/2011/06/30/1/tdf2011_17sp_600.jpg

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hidden agenda with my post :blush:

Only way i know to get on the e-mail version of this thread, thus following all the action during work, without being on the Net :P

Tactics yesterday were certainly not from the text book, so who knows what will happen today. :blink:

The text book says a break should go and the GC will rest their legs for thursday, ......but, somehow I dont think that will happen. :D

What I do predict is a marshall's car riding alongside Cav to see he do's not hitch a lift somewhere, after all the hoopla about him getting towed, I think he will be closely watched from now on.

'Berto will seize any opportunity to gain time.

He will be watched and followed like a magnet by everyone in contention.

<_<

Whoohoo! I have to say my predictions have been pretty good this tour (for someone who have only ridden the Argus a few times)!! I predicted an attack yesterday by Contador but what a surprise regarding Andy Schleck.

Perhaps the website ADMIN can promote me to "Sir Garfield"? or even "NostroGarfield"....

Today is going to be even better. The Aple D H stage tomorrow is very short so I suspect the tour could be decided today as you will not get rid of Voeckler easily tomorrow....

I think Voeckler is going to crack...... Basso to launch a serious attack along with COntador again.....

Trouble is brewing for the Schlecks... lets hope they dont get desperate and eat Conti's meat from last year......

Evans to put himself in prime spot for the TDF win..... and rightly so.....

Long shot... Gessink for the break away and stage win with that Jeremy Whaaa guy

Whoohoo! I have to say my predictions have been pretty good this tour (for someone who have only ridden the Argus a few times)!! I predicted an attack yesterday by Contador but what a surprise regarding Andy Schleck.

Perhaps the website ADMIN can promote me to "Sir Garfield"? or even "NostroGarfield"....

There's some other names that spring to mind - & remember...

"Even a blind squirrel sometimes finds a nut."

:)

I'll go ride my bike and check what happened afterwards ...... can't sit about all afternoon 'hoping' something exciting may just perhaps happen :rolleyes:

:clap: Hehehehe!!

Lets see if I can find another nut tonight although I am already fully stocked for the winter!!

Given the accuracy of my predictions to date I'm gonna go with:

Cav to break away on Sestrieres only to be caught by Greipel on the descent with a french TV car to take the win by swiping Greipel into the barriers.

The judges will review the finish and relegate the french TV car to last place.

Greipel gets his second stage!

:clap: Hehehehe!!

Lets see if I can find another nut tonight although I am already fully stocked for the winter!!

If you do find one, can you give it to the person who posted before you. He's short one.

If you do find one, can you give it to the person who posted before you. He's short one.

:o

Lance posted here?

This is the break for now:

Gerdemann LEO,Thomas SKY, Hagen SKY, Di Gregorio AST, Sanchez RAB, Costa MOV, Casar FDJ, Hondo LAM ,Van Garderen THR & De Gendt VCD lead

This is the break for now:

Gerdemann LEO,Thomas SKY, Hagen SKY, Di Gregorio AST, Sanchez RAB, Costa MOV, Casar FDJ, Hondo LAM ,Van Garderen THR & De Gendt VCD lead

No Roy :o