Cycling industry jobs

KingPigeon

Hi Hubbers,

Are there any opportunuties for a young engineer who is keen to get involved in the cycling industry?

I know the local industry is mainly based on wholesale and retail, and that most R&D happens in USA, but I realise that I need to start somewhere to gain experience so I would appreciate any ideas.

Thanks

Your best bet would be Morewood / Momsen in RSA.....

I have been pondering the same issue countless times.....

One can always start your own cycling related business - you will have to be nich and do something special as there is no way one can compete against the big boys.

I tried morewood a year or two ago for an engineering job. Nice guys it seemed but they indicated that they don't have vacancies and do R&D with their existing partners in the US. Silverback didn't respond to my enquiry, so I guess there aren't a lot of exciting jobs around unless you look into doing something yourself. I'm trying something right now on a part time basis, but I'm not gonna leak my secret yet :)

Thanks for the help. Yes I have also tried Silverback with no response. I have also thought of trying the local distributers like Dragons Sports (Giant, Santa Cruz amongst others) but there are no vacancies either.

Has anyone gone over to the US to work in the cycling/bicycle or related industry?