very good front tyre

tunariaan

Currently i'm using maxis lust back and front and find it to be very good

I'm a bit crazy on the downhills (mostly xc) and would like to know what you guys would use as a front tyre without loosing too much speed

I use a maxxis cross mark on the back and a wtb weirwolf on the front - combo works for me!

Define "good" first?

I had a crossmark upfront. It lasted 2 years. Bomb proof. Was it a "good" tyre? Nope. It sucked in the wet and was moer heavy.

Now I have a GEAX MEZZCAL in the front. It grips like red wine on a white shirt in the corners. Is it a "good" tyre. Nope. It has punctured 5 times in one year and not cheap.

If it is good at one thing, it will be bad at something else.

Edited by MJ the mountainbiker

What bout a high roller from maxxis?http://cdn.mos.bikeradar.com/images/bikes-and-gear/components/tyres/MBUK218/MBK218.group.max_hroller-399-75.jpg

Hate to punt Specialized, but the Captain Control is amazing! Predictable grip, good sidewalls and wears slowly! I've had my 2.2 for almost years and its still got loads of tread and not one sidewall split (common with my riding-technical XC)

I agree with iRide, The Captain is an awesome tire eventhough it doesnt look very grippy. I'm running mine as a back tyre and it really lasts

also look at the maxxis minionhttp://cdn.mos.bikeradar.com/images/bikes-and-gear/components/tyres/minion-399-75.jpg

I just put on a Michelin Wild Rock'r 2.4 over the weekend... its beefy, not the lightest, but man, can it corner!

Maxxis Monorail isn't too bad, just have to get the tyre presure right

What pressure, in your experience, is appropriate for general cross country riding?