Uber Cyclist

Garfield2010

The other day I saw a guy in the Emmarentia Botanical Gardens riding one of those "one-wheel" circus bikes. It looked tough, but effective training for becoming the ultimate Uber-biker.

I want to know what you call them, were can I find them at what cost and if they really work that well.

THing is I dont get enough time to do proper training (3 hours +). Those things look like they will give you a decent (cycling) workout in an hour.

I do triathlon so I have to share the tille time that I have with other disciplines as well :blink:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unicycle ... in particular you probably saw the dude riding a Mountain unicycle. There are a few guys in Jozi that ride Mountain Uni. I can put you in touch if you want to get hold of them and perhaps join them for a ride.

As for getting a Uni, the best place is OddWheel Unicycles. They are based in Cape Town, and also have a small branch in Pretoria.

In terms of a workout ... IMO ... it's a killer :) particularly Mountain Uni

I saw these okes at van gaalens a while ago....crazy crazy crazy. They were doing drops that okes on normal bikes were stopping for...

In terms of a workout ... IMO ... it's a killer :) particularly Mountain Uni

I have no doubt that it's a work out but if you're wanting to get better on a bicycle like Garfiled then riding (two wheels) is the best thing to do. Running will work if you have less than an hour but like the Man says "cycle. lots".

Intervals are the best cycling short cut!

Thanks man! I will see if I can find one on Junkmail!

They aren't too pricey new. I got mine my son's for less than a grand. First tried it on uniRUANcycle's on at Groenies at a hub ride. Most sites I surfed reckon you should master in in eight to 10 hours.

I have no doubt that it's a work out but if you're wanting to get better on a bicycle like Garfiled then riding (two wheels) is the best thing to do.

I agree. Along with the workout is the honing of skills which are crucial.

I'm still convinced however that unicycling is an awesome cross training workout and skill.

here's a pic from that hub ride…

post-1604-0-27381800-1311238230.jpg

Looks like my kinda ride that. Have always wanted to master a Uni, you would have needed a perlemoen lever to get that thing out of my hands after a few beers. Concussion would probably have worked too.

Looks like my kinda ride that. Have always wanted to master a Uni, you would have needed a perlemoen lever to get that thing out of my hands after a few beers. Concussion would probably have worked too.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

'Twas a great ride that! Many fine hubbers and their families and friends attended. Must say, it took me a few beers - and the insistence of a cute blonde - before I got on it… :blush: