Draw & save your cycling routes

LUVBIKE1

Check out MapStudio's MyRoute application www.myroute.co.za - Allows you to register for FREE, draw and save your routes with time, descriptions & waterpoints. Currently for runners, but I tested the cycling section traced a route to the Blockhouse and it worked pretty well. See image attached

post-13882-0-96177100-1311254164.jpg

Why would you want to draw your cycling route if a gps/mobile phone can record everywhere you go? :blink:

Why would you want to draw your cycling route if a gps/mobile phone can record everywhere you go? :blink:

use endomondo .. live action feed back.

so why would i want to sit down and plot it.

Some people don't have GPSs and fancy phones to do these things. I don't take my phone with me when I run.

www.mapmyrun.com does the same thing, and you can search for other routes that have been created.

EDIT: Not only for running, cycling and a myriad of other sports/activities as well.

Edited by Disylizzy

Some people don't have GPSs and fancy phones to do these things. I don't take my phone with me when I run.

When do you plot your route then, before or after your run?

TNT pretty much summed it up :lol:

But road runners are wankers.

There are a gazillion sites like these:

Endomondo

SportsTracker

Sportypal

Mapmyride

Garmin

Google

Mapmyroute

GPSvisualizer

Strava

Ridewithgps

etc ect

Maybe you're a Race organiser and you want to plot save and share a route, with distances, water points, start, finish etc. etc. and allow entrants to view it in a format larger than a phone or GPS screen ?

Maybe you're a Race organiser and you want to plot save and share a route, with distances, water points, start, finish etc. etc. and allow entrants to view it in a format larger than a phone or GPS screen ?

That could work, no?

allow entrants to view it in a format larger than a phone or GPS screen ?

All the sites mentioned above are exactly that, Websites. I normally view them on my PC.

The gps or phone is used to record data which can be uploaded to your pc or website to analyze or edit.

Some sites like Edomondo or Sportypal does allow you to view all the data on your phone.

If I was an event organizer, I would ride the route (with my bike and gps) then upload the gpx file, route profile and route map to my website.

Participants can download it all and upload it to their gps's. Easy.

www.myroute.co.za might work for some but not one of the best plotting sites I have used before.

Oh, and for runners, I think adidas micoach is the best. It helps you track mileage on your shoes.

All the sites mentioned above are exactly that, Websites. I normally view them on my PC.

The gps or phone is used to record data which can be uploaded to your pc or website to analyze or edit.

Some sites like Edomondo or Sportypal does allow you to view all the data on your phone.

If I was an event organizer, I would ride the route (with my bike and gps) then upload the gpx file, route profile and route map to my website.

Participants can download it all and upload it to their gps's. Easy.

www.myroute.co.za might work for some but not one of the best plotting sites I have used before.

I have to agree 1000% with Tankman. If race organizers can just share a gpx file about the planned route, that would be pretty awesome. Just gives so much more info, except just a simple, LOW RES picture of the profile.

Is there an app similar to a car GPS that can download a route that you have not ridden and guide you along as you ride it?

For example say i wanted to ride a route I have no ridden before, but I have found it on one of the above mentioned sites.

I would then like to download it to the app and have it guide me along such a trail whilst i am riding it, or use it as a reference if i thought i had taken a wrong turn, by being plotted on the route i have downloaded.