Stage 19: Modane - Alpe-d’Huez 109km

Tumbleweed

Let the wild speculation begin…

Will Cuddles hold on, limit his losses and win it on the TT?

Will little Tommy hold on to?

Will Contador's knee medicine work a miracle?

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest agteros

Did Andy do too much yesterday?

Will Frank do the 2 for the Schleck 1-2?

Did Voeckler turn himself outside in again after yesterday?

Guest agteros

Who knows.....but I will be rooting for Voeckler.

+1

Tommy suffered yesterday,and i think Frank will make a break today and Andy will just hang in there and take yellow.

Andy will definitely need to attack to get more time on cuddles but they will obviously be watching him a lot more closely. After my prediction failing so miserably yesterday I don't feel qualified to speculate anything till at least 2014 :lol:

would dig to see Cuddles and Frank go at each other all day, wait, that doesn't sound right...

Andy has to attack again today - he needs more time on Evans before the time trial and a buffer over Voekler (with Voekler's current "performance" I reckon he'll crack Andy in the TT).

I think we're gonna have another cracker!

would dig to see Cuddles and Frank go at each other all day, wait, that doesn't sound right...

:lol:

Sounds about right…

Cadel will not have fond memories of the Alpe-d'Huez. That is where he lost the tour 3(?) years ago when the Saxobank team played with him and Carlos Sastre took the break to take the tour. Hoping for some revenge, but no doubt the plan will be to do the same with Frank this year.

Andy is one of my top 9 Frosty competition riders.

Go get it, Schleckie!

:rolleyes:

Evans, you go for it too, even if you are from Oz Land... <_<

Let cycling win after all the testing is complete, please?!

Below is feisty Voeckler, lanky Schleckie and Cuddly Cuddles (right):

http://www.cutepuppydog.net/pictures/cute-puppy-dog2.jpg

Andy will definitely need to attack to get more time on cuddles but they will obviously be watching him a lot more closely. After my prediction failing so miserably yesterday I don't feel qualified to speculate anything till at least 2014 :lol:

Welcome to the club - this has been my worst tour ever. I have been consistently and repeatable wrong.

I've ridden like 8 Argus' and at least 10 94.7's! Damnit - I should be a genius :D

I think the shenanigans will start quite early today. It is a short stage and I don't think the teams will want to wait till the last minute again. I think Team Leopard Trek is gonna play lots of poker and do some false breaks early on just to see the reaction.

I think the shenanigans will start quite early today. It is a short stage and I don't think the teams will want to wait till the last minute again. I think Team Leopard Trek is gonna play lots of poker and do some false breaks early on just to see the reaction.

I reckon they'd rather set a high tempo up front to prevent any breaks getting away on a stage like today.

Watch out for some shadow boxing halfway up and fireworks in the last few km's. Schleck 1-2(?), Evans there or there abouts, Conti has revenge on the menu (If his knee medicine kicks in. Steak for dinner?)) and I think Turbo Tommy burnt his last match yesterday. Throw in Basso and Sanchez and it really is wide open.

For those of us that work a full day, roll on 8pm!!!! :clap:

I reckon they'd rather set a high tempo up front to prevent any breaks getting away on a stage like today.

Yip, gay oh pard will probably go defensive as if they have yellow already, and they go for it on the final climb.

I pray to the gods of cycling that Evans/basso/Petit Prince/Contador/Someone goes on the Galibier to try and make up time.