Best MTB for around R8000

Cav'

Hi I,ve decided to take up mountain biking ( already on the road ) and would like to know what Hardtail would be best for R 8000 max. I see solomons have a few bikes , at the moment the Bianchi's (Kuma 5300&5500) look good but cant i get something better than Shimano Deore for that price maybe...

Any advise?

(Helmet, shoes, etc does not have to be in the R8k budget)

thanks

Jan

:thumbup:

Have a look at www.obike.co.za they have a few decent bikes in that range,

Silverback are also good value for money, for around R8000 you should be able to get the Spectra (Mix SLX/XT, RS Recon Gold shock) http://www.silverbacklab.com

Thanks scotty had a look, the cannondale doesnt look to bad (Cannondale - Trail SL2 2010) for 8K

take a look here for a general price idea

http://www.cyclefactory.co.za/bicycles/new-bicycles-from-cycle-factory.html

then look up what you can get the best bang for your buck in terms of components (normally merida or silverback)

and in terms of buying a bike. Chat to the guys at hotspot cycles in menlyn, at the attebury value mart shopping center i think it is. they generally have the best prices in PTA

Check out solomons in woodmead, they always have good deals on the go.

Chat to kelly and he'll sort you out.

Ok will go to hotspot and solomons first before leaning towards a certain bike

Thanks scotty had a look, the cannondale doesnt look to bad (Cannondale - Trail SL2 2010) for 8K

The SL2 is an awesome bike! Best bike for the money in my opinion. But then again I am biased.

Or you could buy my GT Zaskar Pro with XT and carbon cranks. Depends what size frame you are though. LOL