BRT Cycle lane - MTB Single track

Rydogg

Has anyone ridden the "MTB Single Track" section, behind the factories in Milnerton?

What's it like? It makes me nervous. :(

DONT do it.

Went that way once and saw a whole lot of purses on the ground and there were some nervous, dodgy looking characters near the water.

Agreed ... looks dodgy.

Have you noticed that they are starting to lay the hard surface to the cycle lane extension?

What if we all did it together?

I know I am faster than one of you guys so shouldnt be in any danger :)

What if we all did it together?

I know I am faster than one of you guys so shouldnt be in any danger :)

You think you are faster, but your bikes have far more bling, so .. lets do it.

Edited by Hairy

I ended up riding it on the way home yesterday. Just couldn't resist. It's not that bad, but still not worth the risk. I wander who put that sign there?

I did also see the extension to the cycle lane. But where is it going?

I ended up riding it on the way home yesterday. Just couldn't resist. It's not that bad, but still not worth the risk. I wander who put that sign there?

I did also see the extension to the cycle lane. But where is it going?

How long is it?

:unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

The extension will go all the way to the Netcare Hospital where the new bus station is being built.

They have also started building a decent path from the Bayside station. This goes through to Parklands and will be a great route for pedestrians and cyclist's alike ... I am especially happy RE this route as this stretch of road does not have a shoulder or decent side walk, so now the school kids moving through here can do so with a good level of safety.

H

Be sure to put this up on Bicycle Safety's FB page as well.

Unfortunately (And I am pulling the flame suite on whilst I type) I don't do Facebook

Unfortunately (And I am pulling the flame suite on whilst I type) I don't do Facebook

Gasp :o .... :lol:

Good point though, mebber a link through to here then from FB would work. Either way though, reckon more folk do FB than Hubbing.