Wheels or groupset

Jono Waddell

Ok, so i think its time for a too me from me present and i want to upgrade parts on my road bike. Currently using a 9sp tiagra groupset.

So what will be a better upgrade. A new 10sp 105 or rival group or a wheelset, probably Ksyrium Elites??

I would go groupset. Your not gonna feel so much of a difference with the wheels. The levers are always in your hands and you will change gears just because you can and not because you need to.

I changed from 9-speed TIAGRA to the new 105 10-speed last year....wow....what a amazing improvement, the feel is so much better, it is a excellent ugrade.....then I got a new frame, just build the 105 over....and then some better wheels although the wheels I had was awesome!

I have Shimano RS10 wheelset at the moment, its not too bad about 2kg i think. Im 60kg so weight of bike is not too concerning as i am lighter than most anyway.

So i think it might be the group.

wheels: carbon, and nothing less than 60mm deep, please.

if you can't be fast, just be cool...

I have Shimano RS10 wheelset at the moment, its not too bad about 2kg i think. Im 60kg so weight of bike is not too concerning as i am lighter than most anyway.

So i think it might be the group.

um, ok, think about this:

considering your weight (or relative lack thereof, you lucky sod!) going to a lighter wheelset will make a much bigger difference to you than it would to a 80kg rouleur (er, like me). Lighter guys generally go for a stiff, light, responsive wheelset which will make the most of their ability to accelerate on climbs and make the most of their higher power to weight ratio.

oh, and you'll probably be blown off the road on a set of deep sections so scratch my comment above.

good luck