Training Group

Garfield2010

Hi guys...... Anyone in for a lekker rustige 40km - 60km bike ride followed by a 10km run? Maybe starting at Marks Park at 07h00?

Saturday morning at 7? Rustig I mean like 24-28km/hour average. I am run fit but havent touched my bike since the Argus.......... Do you know routes in the area?

Saturday morning at 7? Rustig I mean like 24-28km/hour average. I am run fit but havent touched my bike since the Argus.......... Do you know routes in the area?

I'm coming back from a knee injury, so 24-28km/h should be OK. You'll have to find someone else for the run part, though.

I stay in the area and my club rides from Marks Park on Sundays, so I've got some ideas for routes.

I can run alone it's fine. Cool

I will PM and confirm the ride on Thursday or Friday!

Remember if it is too cold you can ride in your wetsuit!

Will you be wearing compression socks? ;)

Eish, if the weather forecast is anything to go by, I'm going to be wearing so many layers you wouldn't be able to notice.

Haha sure I am....... But mainly for the run afterwards. I will wear cycling garments over my socks as to not offend you!

Yes it will be road. Just a lekker post winter 1st time rustige ride. Slow....... 2 - 3 hours....

Edman will take point so any route enquiries should be directed at him.

Seems that the weather should be ok by Sat...

Edman will take point so any route enquiries should be directed at him.

So if we get lost it's my fault. Damn, all that responsibility :P

Cool everyone. I got 2 other guys also joining us but they are real newbies. The one guy just got a bike.

Lets say we leave at 07h00 and we meet up at 06h45 at Markspark's entrance in Judith road on Saturday morning.

Edman could maybe have us do 2 loops of 25km so that the guys who only want to do one lap can do so (normally there is a few mechanicals as well on first rides like these)

We can then maybe also split up in a fster and slower group on lap 2 should people feel strong....

Does that sound reasonable to everyone?

What is IM 5150?

Sounds lekker to me.

Wont be wearing compression garments though. I'm too tough for that k@k ;) Kidding