Appeal to Cradle roadies

divernick

On Saturday I participated in the Nissan Trailseeker race at Teak Place. On the way there I encountered, as I am sure many of you did, a few groups of road cyclists using up the entire left hand lane. The rules of the road in SA clearly state that cyclists have to ride in single file. Now I don't have a probem with 2 riders riding next to each other, as long as I can still drive my small car in my lane and not have to worry about oncoming traffic.

Please guys, stick to the rules and be considerate.

On Saturday I participated in the Nissan Trailseeker race at Teak Place. On the way there I encountered, as I am sure many of you did, a few groups of road cyclists using up the entire left hand lane. The rules of the road in SA clearly state that cyclists have to ride in single file. Now I don't have a probem with 2 riders riding next to each other, as long as I can still drive my small car in my lane and not have to worry about oncoming traffic.

Please guys, stick to the rules and be considerate.

The rules of the road also say that you, in your small car, must wait behind even a single cyclist, untill it is safe to complete a full overtaking manoeuvre.

Please, guys, in your cars, stick to the rules and be considerate.

It's an issue - we know how motorists are early in the morning - cruise around a corner too fast and suddenly there are 10 riders in his path - not a prety outcome....

I sincerely fear for the riders' safety as well as an interest in road-user peace and harmony. There's already too much road rage - let's not incite it by breaking the rules of the road - I know we all like to complain about taxis jumping red lights, stopping in lanes, cutting us off - let's not be hipocrites....

even worse than these bicycle gangs are the packs of stray dogs ruling our cities!

Edited by patches

Sadly I gotta agree with divernick on this one...

I've been down that road a few times in my car and on my bike and the way people ride there is crazy - rolling hills already make overtaking difficult - now add 3 or 4 abreast and sometimes with a following vehicle. People riding in groups are quite fatalistic!

Legal or not its just stupid.

The rules of the road also say that you, in your small car, must wait behind even a single cyclist, untill it is safe to complete a full overtaking manoeuvre.

Please, guys, in your cars, stick to the rules and be considerate.

I agree that motorists must be courteous and considerate as well. Whole-heartedly.

Oh my DN - need some attention do you ? Think you will find it

was it a lareg group a small group a club :P

This thread will go something like this:

1) Roadies - F#$@^ you all! we will ride were we want as we are also road users

2) MTBers - WTF??

3) Others - Ride like that and you will get killed - you are selfish!

4) Home owners in the cradle - We will kill all roadies in "our cradle" with our 4x4s

And there I have summarized 17 pages in to 4 points!

Edited by Pappa Bear

<hijack>

Not to mention the fkheads that ride down North Rand Road Sunday mornings. They need two entire lanes. And are so busy arse-sniffing they can't pull over to let traffic past...

</hijack>

2) MTBers - WTF??

4) Home owners in the cradle - We will kill all roadies in "our cradle" with our 4x4s

And there I have summarized 17 pages in to 3 points!

count again please

2) MTBers - WTF??

Frikkin do gooders don't know the difference between 3 and 4

:P

Edit: tedibear 1 - Eldron 0

Edited by Eldron

2) MTBers - WTF??

What about XR'ers vs Downhillers and the role that 29'ers have to play in modern mountain biking?

What about XR'ers vs Downhillers and the role that 29'ers have to play in modern mountain biking global warming and teen pregnancy?

there, fixed!