Extra Small Ladies MTB

Karakoram

Hi Hubbers

I am looking for a very small frame (34cm - 13 to 14 inch) ladies hardtail MTB, but cannot find a bike or anybody with stock anywhere. (Not a 24" wheel kid's bike).

I am based in Somerset West.

My wife decided to join me cycling and she's already bought all the required apparel, but we are unable to find a bicycle for her. As you are able to gather from the frame size we're looking at, she's quite tiny and requires a stand over clearance of less than 62cm.

The only likely candidate cycle we could locate was a Ghost Miss 2000 34cm model at Chain Reaction Cycles. (We were even prepared to import a bicycle as a last resort). This afternoon CRC informed me that they are also unable to source this bicycle.

Any recommendations or possible leads for a brand or source for a XXSmall MTB, from the very knowledgeable Hubbers out there.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

X small or xx small?

There isn't always one correct size. If you put a the smallest size stem on the bike and drop the seat you might get by with a small.

Edited by Just Keep Pedaling

Hi Hubbers

I am looking for a very small frame (34cm - 13 to 14 inch) ladies hardtail MTB, but cannot find a bike or anybody with stock anywhere. (Not a 24" wheel kid's bike).

My wife decided to join me cycling and she's already bought all the required apparel, but we are unable to find a bicycle for her. As you are able to gather from the frame size we're looking at, she's quite tiny and requires a stand over clearance of less than 62cm.

The only likely candidate cycle we could locate was a Ghost Miss 2000 34cm model at Chain Reaction Cycles. (We were even prepared to import a bicycle as a last resort). This afternoon CRC informed me that they are also unable to source this bicycle.

Any recommendations or possible leads for a brand or source for a XXSmall MTB, from the very knowledgeable Hubbers out there.

PM sent can offer : GIANT TRANCE CARBON DUAL,GIANT ANTHEM DUAL,GT Zaskar and others.

Edited by bassasdaindia

Yikes! My wife has a 16" bike and I thought that was small...

selle hier ma kry die idee dis nog te grootlaugh.gif

Hi Hubbers

I know you are looking for a hardtail, but my wife has just acquired a full suss XS Giant Trance X4 - she's 1.56m tall and it fits rather nicely. The Giant distributors still had one XS in stock last week at a good price

My wife is also quite small and had to get her something that give her clearance over the top bar. The only bike that accommodate her was the GT 1.0 extra small. The GT Small and Extra Small have a curved top bar that fit small people perfect. :thumbup:

selle hier ma kry die idee dis nog te grootlaugh.gif

Yes, we tried a Mongoose (s), Schwinn (s), Silverback (s) and Giant (XS) frames, but the bar was too high on all of the previous. Must say all were men's frames. There were no female-specific frames available. Ek dink 'n dames raam met 'n geboee pyp kan dalk werk, maar daar is nie tans enige voorraad beskikbaar nie. Miskien moet ons maar wag totdat die 2012 fietse inkom.

Are you sure on the 1.8m? huh.gif That's not exactly short?

Oops, wife gave the wrong reading, it is 1.42m

Oops, wife gave the wrong reading, it is 1.42m

PM's sent,I have 14" and 14,5" and 15" some new some slightly used all excellent condition