Cradle Quest 2011

zaShadow

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The 2-day stage race was on cyclelab a month or so ago, but has been off for the past month. It is now back and it looks like it has changed to a single day with 2 different distances. 70km and 45km.

The CradleQuest website (http://cradlequest.co.za/) is still talking about the 2 stage race - but no way to contact them except for an email address that does not send replies.

So it seems the ride at the moment is a single day Marathon and Half-Marathon.

I'll try make contact tomorrow with the name and number on the new cyclelab ride entry for Cradle Quest 2011:

Erik Schipper

Phone: 073 2228260

We entered this race then got a mail from them to say it has been cancelled and entry fees will be refunded.

I Know Eric very well and he has taken over the event. He is doing the route - new one - and is organizing the race! It will be awesome, this is now His own race and i think it's going to be one of the better ones around!

It's a one day event with the usual marathon and half-marathon distances!

Let's support the guy, it's going to be tough, but definitely worth it!

He has provided us with awesome routes for a long time, now he has his own race! Let's support the man! :clap:

Why not keep it a mini-stage race? Gauteng needs something like that, but while keeping the cost doable for most riders. Without accomodation arangements, it really should not be much more expensive than two single day events.

There are races covering that area, what would make his race stand out?

There is already a stage race from Van Gaalens - the Magalies Adventure next month.

I'm in for the 70km - don't think it will be too easy though.

There is already a stage race from Van Gaalens - the Magalies Adventure next month.

I'm in for the 70km - don't think it will be too easy though.

OK, brilliant. Where can I get more detail of that?

Why not keep it a mini-stage race? Gauteng needs something like that, but while keeping the cost doable for most riders. Without accomodation arangements, it really should not be much more expensive than two single day events.

There are races covering that area, what would make his race stand out?

I agree on the affordability aspect.

Is this a 1 day or 2 day event?

Sounds like Cradle Quest is now a 1 day event.

Magalies Adventure is a 3 day, with the first day a 25km night ride on the Friday. Unfortunately is also looks like entries for this event closed on 30 June. At R5000 per team, its not really cheap either.

• 1 month later...

Anyone entering the Cradle Quest 2011?

The Nissan race at Van Gaalens last year was really tough, mainly due to excessive heat.

I see only 66 people entered thus far...

Edited by dino