City to City

Garfield2010

Did this race last year.

Its k@k far. And hills to the max.

Think going to give my knees a break this year

50k's ya nee that's quite something. Capetown Challenge I must admit I would have loved to be able to participate but I'm not ready for that kind of distance this year. Been simply trying to do Olympic and 70.3 distances. At my age you got to pace yourself and start training well in advance. Training has not been where it needs to be this year. If all goes well next year this time I'm in ;)

The 50k City to City is going to be a killer but ja, I have to do it. I will do a running approach this year. In the past I have always done a cycling approach and have thoroughly enjoyed the IM until about 150km's into the bike... the rest was a living hell.

This year I wanna bike 06h30 hours but then run the marathon in under 5 hours max!

• 2 weeks later...

I entered the City to City in a moment of %&^*&%&^. It will also be my first full mararthon, but wondering at this stage whether I am ready for it. :o

You still have plenty of time!! I have only once ran 42km and that was in an IM.

Looking forward to this 50km's. Apparently the route gets tought the last 15km's.

Yeah, I also read that the last part when enetering Jhb, will leave you with tears in your eyes..

Fortunately by the time (and if) I get to 35km's there will not be any fluids left in my body so I will be unable to cry!