Bike rental - Please help

nookie46

Hi guys,

I've been riding for about 7months now, and would like my brother to join but he doesn't have a bike and not sure if he's gonna like it etc etc. Therefore we are looking at renting him a bike for the day and head out to Tokai. Preferrably i would like him to get him a dual suspension.

You guys know of any places in the Cape Town area to rent a bike?

I've came across 2 places so far by googling:

www.capetowncyclehire.co.za

www.cycleteknix.co.za/

i think i saw something on the cyclefactory website about renting bikes out

www.cyclefactory.co.za

dont know where abouts they are just know they are in the cpt area somewhere, as you can see i'm from pretoria up north lol

Guest Frail4Life

i think i saw something on the cyclefactory website about renting bikes out

www.cyclefactory.co.za

dont know where abouts they are just know they are in the cpt area somewhere, as you can see i'm from pretoria up north lol

Cycle Factory is in Montague Gardens. 0215528285. Give IAN a shout. He is on the hub.

Are there some more spots around Town, will see if I can find the details.

Cheers

I have the same problem. My brother-in-law is looking to get into the sport as well, but we cant seem to find a place where we can rent a decent bike for a week or two for him. We are in PTA. I know Groenies does rent out some bikes but at R90 + R25 a shot its does get a bit pricey

Anyone have some ideas?

Hiya,

Check out iRideAfrica. We've got some high quality bikes.

I have seen some of your guys bikes. Very nice, not often you see a specialized as a rental

I have the same problem. My brother-in-law is looking to get into the sport as well, but we cant seem to find a place where we can rent a decent bike for a week or two for him. We are in PTA. I know Groenies does rent out some bikes but at R90 + R25 a shot its does get a bit pricey

Anyone have some ideas?

One ride is normally not enough to get most people hooked since they are unfit and suffer loads, not to mention a ass that hurts. Take him up some flowing singltrack then just ride down, that should do the trick.

Not sure of pricing at all, but R350 a day seems crazy to rent a bike. I see they are top end bikes, but phew :o

Caerus, even I find it expensive! But its in line with world wide bike rental prices and still cheaper than many of our competitors (by half!). You have to remember that someone has to fix the punctures, clean the bike and service it after every ride and then the bikes have to be renewed every year to be kept up to date. Our price also includes drop off and pick up as well as water bottles, good helmets, tools and spare tubes.

Caerus, even I find it expensive! But its in line with world wide bike rental prices and still cheaper than many of our competitors (by half!). You have to remember that someone has to fix the punctures, clean the bike and service it after every ride and then the bikes have to be renewed every year to be kept up to date. Our price also includes drop off and pick up as well as water bottles, good helmets, tools and spare tubes.

I'm not not knocking it, just didn't realise thats what it would cost. Do you rent out a lot of bikes? I'm just curious :)