Which road bike cassette is better for children between 15 and 17?

Blikies

My youngster have been told by an seasoned rider that he needs to change his cassette or else he will hurt his legs. He is 15 years old but a good overall athlete. Compete on National level in Biathlon, Triathlon, Duathlon and is an seasoned swimmer, including open water 3 and 5 km events. We are new to cycling and he is riding a Raleigh Limited , with full 105 (latest) group set. His current cassette is 11 / 25. Can some of the Pro’s please shed some light? :unsure:

Thanks AndraZA. Please pardon my ignorance: What do you mean with “A 52x14 is the biggest gear allowed. He can go 50x13 as well” As you can see we are complete novices.

The 52 is the biggest gear infront and the 14 smallest (as in size, not gear) on the back. You can go drop to 13 at the back but then you have to change to a 50 (compact) on the front.

Aaa.... that makes sense. Thanks. What cassette will you recommend since he has a 52 front ring and 10 spd derailleur. :thumbup:

Ultegra 6600 14-15-16-17-18-19-20-21-23-25

BBB also makes one and will be cheaper then the Shimano one.