Vuelta a Espana 2012: 18 August - 09 September

'Dale

Will Team Sky maintain GT dominance?

DO NOT GO INTO TOTAL DESPAIR - THE TOUR OF SPAIN IS IN THE AIR!!

Post your early comments here.

http://velonews.competitor.com/files/2010/09/LIQUIGAS1-640x430.jpg

Edited by ' Dale

• Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmph!

Wiggins hoping to be a GC contender in the Tour of Spain. Fascinating.

---

During a press conference on Tuesday, the disappointment of that crash seemed far from his mind as he gears up for the Vuelta a España, a three-week race he has never started, but in which he hopes to compete at GC level this year.

However, Wiggins' collarbone break means that he can’t race until the opening time trial at the Vuelta, as any crash could shift the metal plate currently holding his shoulder together, and lead to complications with the healing injury.

Fall or not i cant see that he would have been a contender in the tdf. All the ass kissing from Phill and friend during the tour made me a bit "not liking the guy".

Sagan is riding the Vuelta for Liquigas-Cannondale (?) - he seems to be a great all-rounder.

Very talented rider but also very young - 21 I think - look for him to maybe win a stage from a break or do well in the points classification.

I am hoping Nibali can defend his golden fleece, but as it seems Mosquera is going to get off his doping ban on a technicality he could be a thorn in his side, a big one actually, Mosquera is a superb climber, better than Nib's, last year his Xacobeo Galicia team was a bit below par, but since he has joined Vacansoleil he will have a good support system.

Nib's, however has a top team and is also a bit better on the TT, but, if he races (and Vacansoleil says he will), Mosquera is going to be tough to beat this year.

Fall or not i cant see that he would have been a contender in the tdf. All the ass kissing from Phill and friend during the tour made me a bit "not liking the guy".

If Wiggo makes the start I'll put a few virtual Rand on him - despite Phil's best efforts to make me dislike him.

Is Conty riding?

Sagan for a few stage wins too. If trained correctly I think Sagan might have a short tour or two in him!

Like him or not he would obviously of been a contender. All the boxes were ticked and with a strong team. But thats history now.

Radioshack will enter 2 team leaders again with Kloden and Brajkovic

Goooo Kloden. One of my favourite riders and this is probably his last real shot at a Grand Tour. His form going into the TdF was pretty good.

Goooo Kloden. One of my favourite riders and this is probably his last real shot at a Grand Tour. His form going into the TdF was pretty good.

Has Kloden ever come close to winning a Grand Tour?

:rolleyes:

Now that ma man Basso is spinning into the sunset, let me turn to Nibali as a man to follow with interest and enthusiasm.

He won his 1st Grand Tour in 2010.

Sure to be the successor for Basso in the Liquigas-Cannondale outfit.

DO NOT GO INTO TOTAL DESPAIR - THE TOUR OF SPAIN IS IN THE AIR!!

Post your early comments here.

http://velonews.competitor.com/files/2010/09/LIQUIGAS1-640x430.jpg

Nice picture - go Liquigas!!

Is Conty riding?

I read somewhere on cycling news that he isn't. Waiting for his hearing and then going to concentrate on next years tour.

Has Kloden ever come close?

Has Kloden ever come close?

Just about everybody in T Mibile came close. If it wasn't for a certain Texan...

Carlos Sastre will be there (was the last report I heard)and Denis Menchov as well I think