Vuelta a Espana 2012: 18 August - 09 September

'Dale

• Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

'Berto's Red WiFli derailleur can work with 32 teeth cogs for those 23 degree climbs.

More new tech - eish!

http://cdn3.media.cyclingnews.futurecdn.net/2012/09/05/1/img_0915_600.jpg

Well, he was hunting for his 1st stage win.

And how?

How the hell did he get away?

Damn... Purito, my favourite, must be wondering what hit him.

Le'me read the race report.

Ask the question how did the other team DS' allow his team-mates to get into a break like that

Imo they all took a pint of blood on the rest day, but Rodriguez unfortunately got a bad bag. It has happened before, for example like Basso in the 2004 Giro. Katusha's medical staff stuffed up and cost JR the race.

But credit to Saxo, they set it up perfectly, and Conto executed their plan well.

d

(if my theory is correct, JR should be completely well by stage 20, which is the last mountain stage, and would be attacking like crazy, and probably win the stage, with Conto on the defensive)

Sorry if Im not overwelmed by awe, I cant help but be sceptical of two ex?drug cheats riding away from a world class field after a rest day, in the third week of a grand tour.

Edited by Christie

Next year's tour won't be such a humdrum affair, methinks!

Being the hundredth race and all, everyone is expecting BIG mountain stages.

Wiggo is going to need a LOT of help!

I can see why you are called onetrackmind.......are you eating your words yet? :D

Not quite - I think I said we were seeing 'Berto at his best, and was shot down. Doesn't seem like such a silly statement now, does it? But then, what do I know about cycling.

Not quite - I think I said we were seeing 'Berto at his best, and was shot down. Doesn't seem like such a silly statement now, does it? But then, what do I know about cycling.

Mr Politician are these your words? :) On the day he seemed to be struggling.

"Unless he starts eating meat again, I think this is a fair reflection of his best form. Purito worries me. Maybe he has been eating 'Berto's share."

Mr Politician are these your words? :) On the day he seemed to be struggling.

"Unless he starts eating meat again, I think this is a fair reflection of his best form. Purito worries me. Maybe he has been eating 'Berto's share."

Yup, he is at his best in this Vuelta, this is my earlier statement I was talking about, that got shot down. I don't think he was riding below his best possible level at that time, and I don't think he is now. His attack and success today proves I was right in my assessment in the quote above, methinks.

Unless you are misunderstanding what I was trying to say then?

Yup, he is at his best in this Vuelta, this is my earlier statement I was talking about, that got shot down. I don't think he was riding below his best possible level at that time, and I don't think he is now. His attack and success today proves I was right in my assessment in the quote above, methinks.

Unless you are misunderstanding what I was trying to say then?

This is no where near his best form that's why you got shot down and to quote him after this stage “It was pure instinct, nothing calculated. I’m not in top form, but I really wanted to do it.”

I will give you the benefit of the doubt , btw I think your talents could be used in government I hear Jimmy Manyi's post is up for grabs :devil:

This is no where near his best form that's why you got shot down and to quote him after this stage “It was pure instinct, nothing calculated. I’m not in top form, but I really wanted to do it.”

I will give you the benefit of the doubt , btw I think your talents could be used in government I hear Jimmy Manyi's post is up for grabs :devil:

Government would be a joyride compared to the hub.

:mellow:

"Mr Entertainment on Wheels", - there is no other athlete in the Pro Peleton like 'Berto. None.!

I did not see it coming... Looking forward to the highlights reel.

Edited by puncheur

I did not see it coming... Looking forward to the highlights reel.

No body did, .......I doubt there was a single person in the industry or not that foresaw 'Berto going on a lone break today.

I really like Matt Keenans commentary, when 'Berto skedaddled off the front and started building a gap, Rodriguez went back to the team car for water and Matts comment was something along the lines of "Has Rodriguez gone back to call for water or more horses for the chase?..........ah, its water,.... but with Alberto off the front,..... maybe it should be horses?." :lol:

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy