MTB glasses

BushGoblin

Hey guys,

i know it will boil down to look or preference but wanted to get an opinion of what MTB glasses to get and what everyone out there uses:

Oakley Jawbones

Rudy project Photochromic

or other brands?

Thanks

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rudy project Photochromic. They are brilliant. Only issue is that they fog up a bit, but you will get that with any glasses just to a varing extent

I use Adidas Adizero, not had any issues with lenses fogging, mine are full prescription lenses though. I find the air flow is awesome. Also the pricing is not too bad.

Edited by Caerus

Jawbones are great for cycling with the transistion/photochromic lenses

Radars are awesome to run with and equally on the bike

dont own Rudy's

Oakley splitjackets with polarized red iridium lenses...happyness is

I tried the jawbones but looked like a blerrie tor in them

PS the splitjackets dont fog up, and can double up as normal sunnies :thumbup:

Oakley splitjackets with polarized red iridium lenses...happyness is

I tried the jawbones but looked like a blerrie tor in them

PS the splitjackets dont fog up, and can double up as normal sunnies :thumbup:

i like the SLeek look of the split jkts.... mmmmm i see myself in a white pair with blue lense allready....

I use Adidas Adizero, not had any issues with lenses fogging, mine are full prescription lenses though. I find the air flow is awesome. Also the pricing is not too bad.

not worried about glass cracking in a crash?

oakley radars, adidas supernovas, adidas halfrim evileyes, oakley jawbones. ge try and see witch ones fit and dont make you look like a tor. also take your helmet with and see iff it fits into your vents, a feature wich is a must these days

Edited by no calves

i like the SLeek look of the split jkts.... mmmmm i see myself in a white pair with blue lense allready....

Yea, its one piece of kit I would defnitely buy again. I think you also get them with photochromatic lenses.

The problem with the jawbones are that you either look lekker with them on or like a clown, no in between, the splitjackets are not so in your face ito design...like you said, sleeker

Rudy project Photochromic. They are brilliant. Only issue is that they fog up a bit, but you will get that with any glasses just to a varing extent

I've got the new rudy magsters and have absolutely no problem with fogging up, and the photochromic lenses are the bomb.

maybe contact ASG and see if the still running their sale on them, managed to get myself a pair at the same price of the raydons :thumbup:

Mrs Cyclingfans Peltor Smart 100 photochromic glasses which she was selling for R295, they not cycling specific but i have found them very good for MTB rides

I'm awaiting delivery of the Rudy Project photochromic glasses which ASG had advertized.

I'm quite heavy on sunnies, so for my mtb'ing got a pair of Raleigh with interchangeable lenses (normal mirror type, yellow and clear). Lenses are vented, so minimal fogging up. They go for R150-00 or so a pair and should they scratch or break, I just replace. Wouldnt be possible with the others that go for R1000-00 +

Normal day-to-day sunnies are Oakley Monster Dogs, love them

not worried about glass cracking in a crash?

Not at all, the lenses are made of polycarbonate, they are photochromic as well.