Tokai: DH Trail build - Day 3

(Deon)

The good response last week did not go unnoticed. Approval for Saturday was as easy as Pie!

The route will be closed (again) due to rain.. Please respect the closure during construction.

As usual, post if you are keen

I'll do my best to come around, if only to watch you guys work, and perhaps bring a few refreshments.

Collarbone is good with titanium and all, but all sane opinions (orthopod, wife, children, partner....) is that I should stay off real world riding for 4 more weeks. Have given the boring old indoor trainer (I almost sold it recently) a bit of a run though, but it only goes uphill and it doesn't do singletrack.... not sure I can kick the habit for so long.

Think about it this way, Dawid - 1 more week off the MTB = 10 times more impact resistance on the good 'ol collarbone. I'm sure you don't want to come off at 2kph, rest against a tree at a funny angle and have it snap all over again (or even worse with the titanium, have it work free a little bit and cause more damage!)

Keep strong mate, and feel free to order us around like the Gestapo official that you secretly want to be!

<new content bump.. >

Thanks guys..

Remember - 1pm at the gate for a shuttle.

Awe.Some.Ness.

I need to be outta there by 4pm sharp. Wife has booked a dinner reservation at 5 in town. One cannot say no to 1/2 price sushi & cocktails, can one?!

BTW - PorS - you'll be able to see the "new" steed tomorrow...

Think about it this way, Dawid - 1 more week off the MTB = 10 times more impact resistance on the good 'ol collarbone. I'm sure you don't want to come off at 2kph, rest against a tree at a funny angle and have it snap all over again (or even worse with the titanium, have it work free a little bit and cause more damage!)

Keep strong mate, and feel free to order us around like the Gestapo official that you secretly want to be!

Well it won't be happening at the same spot again, rest assured! Boulders is getting a rebuild.. started today and got down to the DH intersection. Must have removed close on 20 roots and repaired off camber erosion with a few flow changes..

I'm a bit concerned about the guys who are ignoring the route closure. I have close the divert 3 times and all 3 times it has been opened! Yesterday, it was open less than 15 min's after it's closure. What gets me is that logs and branches were placed over EVERY patch of WET clay ALL the way down the trail. It must have taken whoever (and I have a good idea who it may be.. Canondale PERP!) a long time to clear... it is closed for the 4th time. I expect that it will be open tomorrow again.. ready for more brake drag all the way down, just means that we need to repair before continuing with the required work. What a waste of time!!

Thanks for that.. :thumbdown:

Dude - that's not cool. Not cool at all!

After all that hard ork and what happens? Some 4rse-lick thinks he's more important than the rest of us and deserves to ride a (very clearly) closed trail.

Ignorance, in this situation, CANNOT be claimed.

Oh - and PorS - I'm trying to gather up the courage to tell the Mrs. about the purchase. I can see some precious metal, foliage & a new set of squash shoes in my future!

Dude - that's not cool. Not cool at all!

After all that hard ork and what happens? Some 4rse-lick thinks he's more important than the rest of us and deserves to ride a (very clearly) closed trail.

Ignorance, in this situation, CANNOT be claimed.

Oh - and PorS - I'm trying to gather up the courage to tell the Mrs. about the purchase. I can see some precious metal, foliage & a new set of squash shoes in my future!

What?! You not told her yet??

You better not hurt yourself or you'll never hear the end of it!! But as you say, if it can easily be smoothed over with a few, if expensive objects :P , you know what to do..

What?! You not told her yet??

You better not hurt yourself or you'll never hear the end of it!! But as you say, if it can easily be smoothed over with a few, if expensive objects :P , you know what to do..

Speaking of which - you wanna buy a road bike?! :blush: