Cadence magnet

Sepia

I came pipe on my road bike at a traffic light the other day. After a rather difficult uncleating performance I managed to lose my magnet on my crank. I have tried fridge magnets, hard drive magnets but to no avail. LBS say they cannot help. Any ideas or do I lay out bucks for a whole new unit?

Thanks

I took notebook HDD magnets and stuck them to the crank with gel super glue. I placed it in such a way that I will never knock it of the crank.

Now that I think of it, it can't be notebook HDD magnets... But it comes out of PC or notebooks... Small square magnet...

I took notebook HDD magnets and stuck them to the crank with gel super glue. I placed it in such a way that I will never knock it of the crank.

Now that I think of it, it can't be notebook HDD magnets... But it comes out of PC or notebooks... Small square magnet...

I also glued a magnet with epoxy to my crank.I don't think it will ever come off.

I used one of the magnets from my kids alphabet letters and works with my Polar.

I use the magnets that come in the headphones airlines dish out. (KLM gave me about I set a month for two years)

They are round and just the right diameter to fit into the pedal axel recess on the crank. They fit nicely in with a touch of prattley's goo.

i have the some problem.

What i learnt is that not all magnets are the some ... :blink:

it's the polarity causing the issue

I bought a really strong rare earth magnet, then smashed it into pieces small enought to fit inside my pedal spindle allen key head, I can flip it around till it works and then run a piece of duct tape over it so it cant fall out.

If they dissappear down your pedal spindle too far, pack some paper/ cardboard folded up behind it

Edited by Tarmac-SL3

You can also use the R50 Cateye speed magnets (the round ones), remove the housing, then clip them in half with sidecutters and just use half, then you will have one spare!

Cyclesphere have some Mavic Cadence magnets that stick on the end of the peddle spindle. They don't fall off.

Art/hobby shops sell small round magnets. I just used some very thin double sided tape and then a piece if clear packaging tape just to cover it.

Hi Guys

I AM DESPERATE!!! Help please.

I have both a Blackburn Delphi 4 and 5 on two bikes and I cannot get the cadence to work. I have one original magnet for the crank and plenty others of different strengths. None of them work.I have done all the settings on both bikes but nothing shows on the computer - it does not seem to picking up the cadence! I have removed batteries, replaced many batteries in the unit but this also does not work. I have also zeroed the unit but to no avail. The one unit is brand new and everything else works correctly. I have read and read the manual again and again and I am doing the correct thing.

Is it possible the stronger magnet has stuffed the unit up?

Please help, ek is somer lus om die sykassie in te skop!

Is the sensor close enough to the magnet as it passes. Sometimes you can hear the sensor tick as the magnet passes, then it should work.

Hi Guys

I AM DESPERATE!!! Help please.

I have both a Blackburn Delphi 4 and 5 on two bikes and I cannot get the cadence to work. I have one original magnet for the crank and plenty others of different strengths. None of them work.I have done all the settings on both bikes but nothing shows on the computer - it does not seem to picking up the cadence! I have removed batteries, replaced many batteries in the unit but this also does not work. I have also zeroed the unit but to no avail. The one unit is brand new and everything else works correctly. I have read and read the manual again and again and I am doing the correct thing.

Is it possible the stronger magnet has stuffed the unit up?

Please help, ek is somer lus om die sykassie in te skop!

Yes, done all the tests.

Tried it in my hand to check if it is working - does not. Used this method before just to get a reading.

I am busy working on it now and on the Delphi 4 the Cadence now at least shows on the unit but is not reading. In am getting tired on the trainer now!

Any other suggestions?

Cannot accept that two computers pack up within 5mins of each other!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, done all the tests.

Tried it in my hand to check if it is working - does not. Used this method before just to get a reading.

I am busy working on it now and on the Delphi 4 the Cadence now at least shows on the unit but is not reading. In am getting tired on the trainer now!

Any other suggestions?

Cannot accept that two computers pack up within 5mins of each other!!!!!!!!!!

Is it wired or wireless. If wireless try moving the wireless pickup closer to the unit like fitting it in the bike downtube.

Thanks for the replies so far.....still trying to get them to work!

Both are wired. The wireless side of things work 100's including HRM, speed etc.