Pinarello Auction

Falco

I think this is a great idea, hope it works out for the supplier,

BUT:

why so many Pinarello auctions? Frames during TdF, now this one.

Two possible reasons I can think of ~ they are overpriced and not selling well, or they are worth the money but cash is not the cyclists friend right now.

Which one is it, or is there something I am missing?

Edited by Falco

Or maybe they are willing to take a knock in the name of marketing. Personally I think any complete bike over R20 000 is over price never mind a frame over R40k.

This concept must be p...ing off the other ditributors that are bettling to sell stock bought from ASG?! Great for a potential buyer though!! I look forward to things hotting up in a few hours time..

Overpriced and heavy and and and.

Seriously 100k + for a bike. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:.

and and BEAUTIFUL

Seriously 100k + for a bike. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:.

Must admit I feel the same way, that is a hell of a lot of money for a bike (any bike). Makes me wonder, apart from the bling factor, what's the difference.

As a test, I wonder if a pro did an average race, say the 94.7, on a Dogma, or on a basic spec Raleigh, what would the time difference be? Any ideas?

P***s extensions if you ask me. Like driving a Ferrari... (I'm just saying that because I can't afford one... :lol: )

Must admit I feel the same way, that is a hell of a lot of money for a bike (any bike). Makes me wonder, apart from the bling factor, what's the difference.

As a test, I wonder if a pro did an average race, say the 94.7, on a Dogma, or on a basic spec Raleigh, what would the time difference be? Any ideas?

I reckon about R90k...

Edited by Grebel

Sure compared too a low spec bike its way better but compared to a scott that's light or a specialized or giant it ain't nearly 80k + better.

EDIT: If it's even better.

Edited by Specialized <3

its easy....compare a SA made Renault Sandero to a Italian Ferrari, that is why there is a different price tag....both cars can drive....but the one is just a Renault...where with the Ferrari you will always go wow...

Many SA titles have been won on Raleighs and none on Pinarellos.

Many SA titles have been won on Raleighs and none on Pinarellos.

Many road races been won on Pinarellos....but valid point about the SA titles

it's down to R59k. i have a ballpark idea on the markups on these bikes and there's a hit being taken!

now, how hard is it to hack the hub?take it down for the afternoon and then bring it back and win the auction for R1k at 5pm?