Hammer gel in bottles

Seabee's dumb question for the day.

Hammer gels work for me - and they have these these big bottles they sell it in, which I usually use. Dump some in that flask of theirs and away we go.

My problem is I am wondering whether there's not a better way to transport and use this?

Surely I'm not the only one using this bulk gel - or something similar? What work-around do you guys have? Where do you store it for more user-friendly usage? Or is this simply the best way to go and I have to grin and bear it if I want to use the "bulk gel"?

What is the problem with the little flask? It's the best way to go. Wasp also work on this sytem.

I also put my Hammer gels into one of those flasks of theirs. Decant it too from the large bottle. Normally fill it about 3/5 and then dilute it with water to make it easier to sip. Seldom, if ever, finish a whole flask in a race. Left overs go into the fridge and gets topped up from time to time for training rides. The large bottle never leaves home.

Those flasks take the equivalent of about 5 sachets. Unless you're doing more than 5 hours in the saddle, isn't that enough? Why the need to take the big bottle with you? Mine's always in the fridge.

The water may be my solution. I don't use it from the big bottles, it's in the flask when I ride. But struggling my azz off to get the last bit out. When it goes below 2 (and I usually also take 3/5 and return with some to spare) I shake and shake and the flippen stuff won't come out (esp in winter!)

i use this bad boy, it straps onto the stem.

http://www.sportsbasement.com/istarimages/p/p-CLIPFLASK-09!FUEL.jpg

Jip I had the same problem but added some water to the flask and that works way better

Jip emo, that's similar to the one I'm using - except I chuck mine in a back pocket.

Will test the water "solution" the coming weekend, thanks!