Choose life. Choose a country that builds a nationwide cycle track.

intern

http://media.nzherald.co.nz/webcontent/image/jpg/201131/cycling_460x230.jpgSHRINK

Photo / Thinkstock

Cycle trail routes ready

The first cycle touring routes under the New Zealand Cycle Trail will be opened next month. The routes, to be opened on August 20 and 21, will be from Taumarunui to New Plymouth (including part of the Forgotten World Highway), from Taumarunui to Whakahoro (linking to the Ruapehu-Whanganui Trails) and from Taumarunui to Ongarue (linking to the Pureora Timber Trail).

http://www.nzherald....jectid=10741794

Choose cycling. Choose a bike. Choose a helmet. Choose a pair of lycra shorts. Choose a f$cking big set of 29 inch wheels, if you must. Choose footpumps,multitools, spare tubes, C02 bombs and cleated shoes. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and a massive appetite. Choose spending all your cash on your hobby. Choose a road bike. Choose your training partner. Choose club kit and matching socks. Choose winter gear in a range of fabrics. Choose DIY services and wondering where the hell you’re going to ride to on Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that Gobi saddle watching awesome nature, getting to the back of beyond, stuffing Gu and energy bars into your mouth. Choose the satisfaction of a good day out at the end of it all. Choose your future. Choose life... choose a country which is building cycle trails from one end to the other. Choose New Zealand.

Edited by intern

That's taxpayer money going to work for taxpayers. Evident all over the place which is kinda nice.

LOL.... Intern you like to stir hmmm?

I understand tho...

Which side of the fence are standing on today in Wellington?

I can feel depression coming on.....and you haven't even mentioned flyfishing for huge brown trout....

The first cycle touring routes under the New Zealand Cycle Trail will be opened next month.

i have a very long list of things to do and places to see and tracks to ride once i'm done with this studies.

the list just got a bit longer :D

Interesting to note that on the link there are also two links , one to a fatal stabbing and the other to road rage incident ...a South African lady that was assaulted ...moved to escape the violence in S-A and gets klapped around in kiwi land.

Sad but True.thumbdown.gif

Edited by urbanroyal

Hmmmm.... i bet there a few Christchurch residence who might think taxpayers money should be heading in the direction of their earthquake stricken city instead of bike paths!!!

Hmmmm.... i bet there a few Christchurch residence who might think taxpayers money should be heading in the direction of their earthquake stricken city instead of bike paths!!!

Luckily they have a special earthquake insurance fund with quite a lot of cash in it thats being dolled out. Everyone pays earthquake tax.

Luckily they have a special earthquake insurance fund with quite a lot of cash in it thats being dolled out. Everyone pays earthquake tax.

Sheeesh.... theit governments on the ball!!! good to hear.. just wish "thinking ahead" would cotton on here...

All our fat cats think about is......... well... Can they think??

all the mtb trails between d'ville, wellington ,Paarl,S'bosch,s/West & Bottelray will eventually link up to form a circular route. i don't mt bike but i have heard that there is just 1 more trail to complete before the link is complete.

there is also a mtb trail from Cape Point to C Town in the pipeline, i have heard that the land has been made available.

Even with EQC, my annual insurance is NZ$410 for a 220sq m house. as for how well the government works...requested a meeting with the mayor as an ordinary citizen and ratepayer, he is joining me for coffee on Thursday. Try that in SA. The public service here is nothing short of remarkable...things happen in minutes, not days, not even hours. Point is that this is what you should insist on from your public servants.