Babba's short AGAIN!!!

brad890

honestly could the event organizers not let people know a week before hand that the distance is going to be shortened? I mean this is the second time now, at least this time it was closer to the 35km by being 28km, but still.

maybe i'm just a little ratty because i had a wire go into my derailer and cost me 10min and a top 10 finish on the 35 :( , but i cant be the only person not impressed by the shortening of the race?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Consider yourself lucky, I entered the 70k race and after 2 punctures and 2 broken valve cores, I called it quits when I had my 2nd puncture just before the tar road on my 1st lap.

Andre did announce that he 35k race was 6k's short.

Edited by Thug

yes i know they announced it on the day, but i mean could they not let us know like a few days in advance that the distance is shorter, i mean for a 28km ride, i would rather have gone to groenies and saved R100

I checked in the results of the short one a rider was DQ'd for i-pod usage.

How do you MTB with an i-pod??? :blink:

well i'm glad, because i think its dangerous, because you wont hear people behind you and can potentially cause a crash not keeping your line as someone comes past.

one thing i must say i liked about babba's today was the start on the road, and not going through that water crossing thingy, where eager beavers rush to then either A- fall (making everyone get off) or B-stop and get off and walk it.

I see that Jules took the long one on a SingleSpeed...Who needs a 29'er??? Well done Boet! :lol:

now that is mighty impressive, i wonder what gears he was using, because this had a little variation today in therms of rock climbs and fast farm roads.

i mean after my little incident with the wire, was left with 3 gears at the back, never mind one!!!. well done jules on that result :thumbup: and by 7min nogal :blink:

now that is mighty impressive, i wonder what gears he was using, because this had a little variation today in therms of rock climbs and fast farm roads.

i mean after my little incident with the wire, was left with 3 gears at the back, never mind one!!!. well done jules on that result :thumbup: and by 7min nogal :blink:

I think he said 32x14...

Damn, if he ever beats me on a SS I will have to convert! :D

well i'm glad, because i think its dangerous, because you wont hear people behind you and can potentially cause a crash not keeping your line as someone comes past.

one thing i must say i liked about babba's today was the start on the road, and not going through that water crossing thingy, where eager beavers rush to then either A- fall (making everyone get off) or B-stop and get off and walk it.

I am glad they did that! That water crossing thing right at the start is not good!

As far as I'm aware he ran a 32x14 on his Peace9r. I ran a 32x16 and was spinning out in places.

The rules clearly state the following:

The use by any rider of any form of music player, audio device or other similar device (e.g. iPod,

MP3 Player, walkman, cellphone) is forbidden during all events and competition as these

devices restrict hearing and are considered dangerous to the rider and other riders

The commissaires have been briefing riders before every ride that the use of these devices has been banned.

I have to agree for the okes who drove all that way for a 25km race, its not cool.

I did the 70km and man it was tough not to pull out after loop 2. 3 loops of the same track is killer...

A 35km race??Even is if it was too short,it was too short to begin with

Next time enter a 100km race and then if its short by a couple of km's then you wont care

Consider yourself lucky, I entered the 70k race and after 2 punctures and 2 broken valve cores, I called it quits when I had my 2nd puncture just before the tar road on my 1st lap.

Me too, a bad puncture on lap 2, bombed it at snot everywhere. Seald at low pressure so I was happy about the laps since I DNF after 2 laps.

Route was tougher than expected.

The rules clearly state the following:

The use by any rider of any form of music player, audio device or other similar device (e.g. iPod,

MP3 Player, walkman, cellphone) is forbidden during all events and competition as these

devices restrict hearing and are considered dangerous to the rider and other riders

The commissaires have been briefing riders before every ride that the use of these devices has been banned.

Nee dit is goed so...maar hoekom wil jy in die stof/natuur loop speel en dan na 'n i-pod loop staan en luister. :blink:

Yoh, yoh, yoh. I did a 50km ride yesterday (most of it in Groenkloof) and decided to do babbas (70km) today. Man, I took shots. Also had some internal conflict about lap 3.