Endomondo

Bianchisti

http://www.endomondo.com

Anyone use this to track their workouts and record data? Just downloaded the app to my phone and it looks brilliant! Going for a walk around the mall (meeting the missus) to see how it works :clap: :clap: :clap:

Been using it for about a year now, and I absolutely love it. Actually bought the Pro version.

Just don't judge it by using the GPS tracker indoors, like in a mall. Hardly any GPS will give an accurate reading like that.

One thing is if I upload my Garmin data (after the ride) there, the elevation is waaayyy off relative to all other tools I look at.

One thing is if I upload my Garmin data (after the ride) there, the elevation is waaayyy off relative to all other tools I look at.

I think is has to do with the sample rate from endomondo. I think they don't sample as frequently as Garmin/Polar. Result is less resolution and accuracy.

No, meaning I am uploading data I've gotten whilst riding with my Garmin to Endomondo (just checking it out).

My 2 rides the weekend: 1012 and 548m elev gain in Garmin Connect, pretty much the same in GTC, etc. The same files uploaded to Endomondo: 601 and 401m elev gain in Endomondo. That's vastly different, esp the 1st one! Heck, I see on the 1st one even the cadence is way off. (Maybe it does zero averaging...?)

Hi Seabee,

Endomondo does not give you elevation gain. You get average altitude and max altitude for the ride. The GPS is not really able to work out total eleation gain. To get the total elevation gain you need a device with a barometric altimeter. For example the Garmin cycle GPS also has a barometric altimeter for this reason. A smart phone does not have an altimeter so don't expect to get this at the moment through phone software like Endomondo. google the topic for more detail.

http://www.endomondo.com

Anyone use this to track their workouts and record data? Just downloaded the app to my phone and it looks brilliant! Going for a walk around the mall (meeting the missus) to see how it works :clap: :clap: :clap:

What you running it on? I have the Torch, works well but my battery only lasts 4 hours

I can't seem to find this app on my BB. what am I doing wrong?

it is def available on bb app world, can access with your phone