SAS...pull up your socks!

meerkat

Wanna ride in the Nissan series? Cool, then get a SAS number board...

I am happy to support the cause and understand the benefits for a working seeding system.

Since, I have participated in a few large events like Argus, 94.7, EPIC etc. I have witnessed the capabilities of a well implemented RF system.

From what I have witnessed on the implementation of SAS in the NISSAN series one can only confirm that a rider crossed the finish line and not that:

- The rider started the race

- The rider started the race in a specific batch

- The rider followed the route he entered

- The riders race time

- etc.

How can we easily remedy the problem?

- Place an RF ID reader at the start of the race (and use it)

- Place RF ID readers along the route (this might even help you with sweeping...)

There is a saying "If you wanna run with the dogs you can't..." ag forget the saying

i was thinking roughly the same thing the other day.

why dont they put a timing mat at an undisclosed place along the route, preferably somewhere that the cheaters will try and take a short cut to cut down distance, and compare the excel data afterwards, and give seeding according to that, and DQ the riders who did not cross the mat,

i mean it would be easy enough to do, just put the results/readings next to each other and sort them in order number, like that it would be east enough to see which numbers are missing in which column

Now that you mention it, the sas events I have done have also had timing/finishing issues