Oil leak.

Pieter1

This is a relatively new shock (3 months) Do I need to worry about this oil or is it something new shocks do?

Thanks for the help!

post-25481-0-72998700-1312133949.jpg

post-25481-0-28304700-1312133961.jpg

Sorry, I thought it was a Landrover related question and that I could help.

Don't despair, the fork experts will answer soon enough.

I won a FORD leather jacket at a raffle recently. I had to throw it away however as it was leaking oil in my cupboard!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

On a more serious note - I'll let the LBS where you sourced it have a look. I can't see the make, and some lower end schocks might be more prone to this. Marzochhi will never do that - their seals are awesome. Rockshox have a bit of lube on the shafts which may cause a bit of marks, but your look a bit, just a bit excessive.

Just my opinion.

I KNEW KTM MAKES BIKES, MAYBE JUST MAYBE LANDROVER STARTED PRODUCING MOUNTAINBIKES ASWELL

Did you hear that whooosh sound above your head...

This is a relatively new shock (3 months) Do I need to worry about this oil or is it something new shocks do?

Thanks for the help!

It is a fault. The seals failed and you'll have to replace them. I doubt your gaurantee covers this but try. Otherwise, have it done, if oil can get out, crud can get in.

I won a FORD leather jacket at a raffle recently. I had to throw it away however as it was leaking oil in my cupboard!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

On a more serious note - I'll let the LBS where you sourced it have a look. I can't see the make, and some lower end schocks might be more prone to this. Marzochhi will never do that - their seals are awesome. Rockshox have a bit of lube on the shafts which may cause a bit of marks, but your look a bit, just a bit excessive.

Just my opinion.

Easy to ID that fork..its a RockShox RECON Silver TK...29er fork. Would say its more and intermediate fork than a entry leval. Agree that the oil deposits look a little to much though. Best you return to the bike shop you got it from and ask them to check it out. If its busted, you should get a warrenty replacement.

Just my opinion.

Best 2nd hand car you can buy is a new ford. Its a Rockshox Recon silver solo air, I dont know where that fits into the market. But I'll let them take a look then.

Thanks guys!

Easy to ID that fork..its a RockShox RECON Silver TK...29er fork. Would say its more and intermediate fork than a entry leval. Agree that the oil deposits look a little to much though. Best you return to the bike shop you got it from and ask them to check it out. If its busted, you should get a warrenty replacement.

Thanks Griffin! Hope they do.

Just some feedback. They going to fix it as it is still under warenty. Thanks for the help guys!:thumbup: