Durbanite in jhb - Trails nearest to Fourways?

daryl_tt

Hey Hubbers.

I'm from Durbs and I'm up in jhb this weekend. I haven't cycled in jhb before and was wanting to bring the mtb bikes along so my partner and I can do some trails on saturday (6th aug).

I'm staying in fourways and have no idea about the cycling scene in jhb. Can anyone suggest a group ride that I can join or any good safe trails to do? Probably looking to do 3/4 hours at an intermediate level.

Any advice welcome.

Thanks

Daryl

...hmmm... well trail wise there's hte Braamfontein spruit. One could start off down by the Bryanston end and ride all the way up. Trouble is that if you're not familiar with it, or don't have a guide, it may be tricky (direction wise) at some parts.

Also don't dress touristy... like with 'I heart JHB' T-shirts, or the locals may mug you :lol:

The MTN bike park is also an option. No guide or guns needed. Right near Fourways

You could catch Teak Place before it closes on the 9th sad.gif

Northern Farm is a good option and close to Fourways

Mtn Bike park in Bryanston (not for 4 hours though)

would honestly not wast your time at the mtn bike park, as RedRover said if you looking for a good 3-4 hours I would check out Teak or Groenies in PTA.

Im an ex Durban/PMB boy, would be happy to show you either place, stay in fourways myself. Wont manage a long ride though! been off the bike for a few months and just getting back on now, but can point to in right direction!

Wow, thanks for the input guys. I'll go do some research now.

Are you sure I can't wear my "I <3 jhb" kit. Been waiting so long to wear it... :P

You could catch Teak Place before it closes on the 9th sad.gif

Northern Farm is a good option and close to Fourways

Mtn Bike park in Bryanston (not for 4 hours though)

U sure its the 9th? cos then im def there this weekend :D

mmmm I think its "over and out" this weekend(6-7Aug)

Was there on Sat, they have already closed part of the trails...the other side of the road is already wired and closed up with "No Entry" boards. Sad :(

Nothing nice thats close. I say take a 45min drive and go ride @ Van Gaalens :thumbup:

I Agree! make the 45 min journey out of Fourways to Van Gaalens, variety of trails to ride and much better than anything in JHB. ;)

Someone on the Teak Closing thread posted that date - I haven't verified it