New Bike Brands

ngala24

Is it me or is there a new bike brand popping up everyweek nowdays ?

Paging through the first TREAD mag i have received this year after many emails i just noticed 2 new brands i havent seen here yet

Full Dynamix and one about spying a fly or something like that ?

Dont get me wrong i have no problem with it, its the whole reason i started CHUMBA was to give consumer choice. They all seem to be Carbon 29er HT frames, so how many of them are just rebranded catalogue bikes ?

And how long till the market is flooded ?

Disclaimer

I have a CHUMBA and i own a New Salsa and i long to own many other brands aswell

Edited by ngala24

Full Dynamics used to be around a few years ago - if i remember correctly, they are the mtb lag of Battaglin... built by the same guys. Nice bikes thou :thumbup:

In 1983 when I got my first BMX I started a book where I wrote down all the bike brands (not models) that I saw on the roads and in magazines. I stopped halfway through the book as it was getting out of hand. With all the brands there were only a few that stood out. You could see the quality from 2 blocks away. They were GT, Mongoose, Diamondback, Redline and Kuwahara. The rest were basically the same bikes with different stickers on.

Reminds me, saw an ad for HUFFY bikes aswell

Are these possibly Raleighs replacement ?

Edited by ngala24

If I remember correctly Full Dynamics was one of the few brands that is still made in Italy (100% made)

I have also noticed a large number of catalog bikes being rebranded and trying to get sold for alot more than than what the catalog price is.

I guess the question is how "Brand" loyal people are. Seems like people would rather spend the extra money on a well known brand for a bike/frame than on a less known brand with the same quality frame/bike.

I was a Spez guy through and through, thought other brands quality etc were inferior so never even looked at other brands untill looking for A 29er. when I could not get a Spez due to stock not being available I looked at Niner and was so impressed I got one and have a second on the way.

In 1983 when I got my first BMX I started a book where I wrote down all the bike brands (not models) that I saw on the roads and in magazines. I stopped halfway through the book as it was getting out of hand. With all the brands there were only a few that stood out. You could see the quality from 2 blocks away. They were GT, Mongoose, Diamondback, Redline and Kuwahara. The rest were basically the same bikes with different stickers on.

ahh the memories! I had a mongoose and diamondback bmx, even had a skyway with lekker white mag type wheels

post-10432-0-72195000-1312191191.jpg

Ah, I remember my BMX - a Schwinn Predator. I used to ride to school and back on it - 7km each way!

http://www.davemuggleston.com/bmx/predator.jpg

personally i think its all good. more competition = more choice = better prices. the market will sort itself out soon as the durability vs cost issues come to light with the new brands.

amazes me though how the new bikes are so much better looking than the traditional brands. Momsen, full dynamix,ispyderfly all look hot.

personally i think its all good. more competition = more choice = better prices. the market will sort itself out soon as the durability vs cost issues come to light with the new brands.

amazes me though how the new bikes are so much better looking than the traditional brands. Momsen, full dynamix,ispyderfly all look hot.

Good looks DO sell....

a lot of these brands is cheap....now problem comes in will they be around 2 years later? I will rather pay more knowing that if the frame gives in I atleast know it will be sorted by warranty

If I remember correctly Full Dynamics was one of the few brands that is still made in Italy (100% made)

I have also noticed a large number of catalog bikes being rebranded and trying to get sold for alot more than than what the catalog price is.

I guess the question is how "Brand" loyal people are. Seems like people would rather spend the extra money on a well known brand for a bike/frame than on a less known brand with the same quality frame/bike.

I was a Spez guy through and through, thought other brands quality etc were inferior so never even looked at other brands untill looking for A 29er. when I could not get a Spez due to stock not being available I looked at Niner and was so impressed I got one and have a second on the way.

Here's the Full Dynamix from the latest Tread mag:

post-5105-0-06398700-1312632736.jpg