XTR wheels Tire size

Nobody

I see the recommended tire size for the XTR M975 is 1.5 to 2.25. Has anyone run anything bigger as I want to put on 2.3 UST Nevegals? Also I am thinking of putting these on my "light" trail bike (light as in no serious air time)

I ran that Size Nevegal on my 775 XT wheels. Not sure what their maximum suggested size is,but I had no issues.

The real size variation / volume difference / method of measurement between various tyre manufacturers makes me think that this is nothing but a vague recommendation with no real science behind it.

My Kenda's for example are far wider than the Maxxi's even though they have the same width on the packet, due to the way they measure the width (at tread or overall), and the Kendas do have more volume to them.

I would try them out in your shoes. In my own case (ZTR355s on an Opus) I am limited to Kenda 2.1's at the back as I run out of clearance to the rear triangle, the slightest bit of mud will clog me up no end.

Thanks for the responses.

I have decided to rather put the Nevegals on the spank rims (Nevegal front and x-king at the back)as this will give a beefier tire due to the rim width. I have run tubeless on them before so will take it easy the first few rides to ensure the tire seats well enough and doesn't come off.

On the XTR I will run the WTB weirwolf front and crossmark\seguaro at the rear.